BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Line Error

5 posters

Go down

Central Line Error Empty Central Line Error

Post by VirtualGamer Fri Mar 30, 2018 2:37 am

Whenever I open the Central Line activity, there are 752 files not found, 6483 errors, 2 warnings and WestinghouseATP.dll failed to load. All I see is gray with a blue dot in the middle. See image.
Central Line Error Centra10
If someone could tell me how to fix this, I'd be pleased.
Thanks in advance!
VirtualGamer
VirtualGamer

Back to top Go down

Central Line Error Empty Re: Central Line Error

Post by leezer3 Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:41 am

The first problem is that you've somehow got the object files in the wrong place.
This is what's causing the errors and the grey screen.

Please re-check the instructions PDF, and post up here how you've extracted them Smile
(A screenshot may be helpful)

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by VirtualGamer Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:47 pm

I think I've found the error. When I unzip the zip file from the Brno website, all it unzips is a zip file, called "Central Line." Should I unzip that file? See image.
Central Line Error Centra10
VirtualGamer
VirtualGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Fri Mar 30, 2018 3:29 pm

Yes! The files have to be unpacked.

Though, now that I think of it, Chris - would it be feasible and sensible to have OpenBVE unpack the files temporarily and delete the unpacked ones after finishing the simulation? This way users could save quite some disk space, especially on older routes with poorly (or not at all) compressed textures.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Revonthus Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:13 pm

Tutorial

Revonthus
Revonthus

Back to top Go down

Post by VirtualGamer Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:58 pm

Thanks! Alot better than before, but still a few things. 96 files not found, 1 error, 2 warnings and the train doesn't seem to work properly. When I press delete to put in the key, it doesn't make a sound like it does on the W&C line. Also, when I press page up/down, nothing happens except for the little jingle that plays. Another thing there are these things at the botttom right (I dont know what theyre called). See image.
Central Line Error Centra11
Thanks in advance!
VirtualGamer
VirtualGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:35 pm

VirtualGamer wrote:Thanks! Alot better than before, but still a few things. 96 files not found, 1 error, 2 warnings and the train doesn't seem to work properly. When I press delete to put in the key, it doesn't make a sound like it does on the W&C line. Also, when I press page up/down, nothing happens except for the little jingle that plays. Another thing there are these things at the botttom right (I dont know what theyre called). See image.
Central Line Error Centra11
Thanks in advance!

This is due to the plugin not firing up properly. The plugin is due to be re written soon which should hopefully sort this problem out.
When ever you see these white squares it means the plugin has failed to load and the train will not work.

I know that the plugin version for the W and C is slightly different which is why it works better.
Ad1992
Ad1992

http://bvewesternregion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by VirtualGamer Fri May 04, 2018 10:55 pm

Alright, so the train's dll file seems to be running fine now! I guess it needed time. But now, there's another problem. Sometimes the train flat out passes the station, than continues to the next one! If there's a solution to this, could someone please let me know?

Thanks!
VirtualGamer
VirtualGamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:46 pm

VirtualGamer wrote:Alright, so the train's dll file seems to be running fine now! I guess it needed time. But now, there's another problem. Sometimes the train flat out passes the station, than continues to the next one! If there's a solution to this, could someone please let me know?

Thanks!

A belated response but if this what I think it is, it is the plugin.
A newer version of the plugin is currently in the works which should eliminate a lot of problems people are and have been experiencing with this route and train.
Ad1992
Ad1992

http://bvewesternregion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down