We have been made aware of THIS TOPIC on the BVE Terminus boards started and nurtured by a user with name "Rave". Here is what it says as of 10. January '18 [copypasted, screenshots available]:
Rave wrote:Another BVEWW lawbreaker
Postby Rave » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:41 am
Those guys really don't know any limits. After openbve.wixsite.com with whom I still struggle for copyrights, now another website has been opened sites.google.com/view/openbve-de/. They "just" keep some old BVE content hotlinked to Mediafire servers. The problem is, someone had to upload this content there without author's permission, and that is against law. And it's really easy to get informations about who and when. Moreover, on those websites they can receive money from advertisements. Websites with our content. Money from our work. That's serious thing. So what we can do?
1. Kindly ask to remove copyrighted content and forget about everything, because we're nice people
2. If that does not help, ask admin of Mediafire, Wixsite, Google, to remove our content because they host illegally redistributed work. That should help.
3. Stop being nice and report copyright infringement to relevant law enforcement agencies. We can claim compensation and can be sure we gonna win, because that's our rights. And that will be the best lesson for any other "smart" guys.
Rave wrote:Re: Another BVEWW lawbreaker
Postby Rave » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:46 pm
If anybody still have doubts if fighting for copyrights against lawbreakers have any sense, that's my answer:
I kindly asked admin of openbve.wixsite.com to remove my content (trains and routes) which he uploaded and hotlinked illegally. But I didn't get any reply. So I commited copyright infringement to Mediafire and they removed all my work immediately. Not so much effort, great win I hope that will be a lesson to some people.
BVE WorldWIde Official Statement to the above:
- BVE WorldWide disawoves itself of the abovementioned "wixsite" site, it is not and have never been a part of BVE WorldWide. BVE WorldWide does not upload nor encourage anyone to upload intellectual property of third parties to the Internet and does not hold responsibility for individuals doing so of their own will. Therefore, BVE WorldWide considers the title of the topic an unprecedented / unfounded libel and attack.
- BVE WorldWide also has no connections to the other site mentioned. We had no knowledge of this site before its author posted a link to it on our forums. As can be publicly seen in the corresponding thread, both members and moderative staff of BVE WorldWide took swift action the moment we became aware of copyright infringements on the site's part, leading to a resolution of the situation. To our knowledge there is no illegitimate material on the site any more and it is the author's responsibility to keep it that way.
- Despite the fact the topic contains posts from one respective user only (Rave), BVE WorldWide assumes the statements in these posts reflect the outlook of the entire BVE Terminus board staff, as these posts have been left unmoderated since September 18th, 2017. The BVE Terminus board had almost three months to apply moderation to this content, but it has never been done.
- The management and staff of BVEWW are saddened by the aggressive, unhelpful and untruthful bias being shown towards BVEWW by allowing BVET to be used as an instrument to libel another board, to the detriment and disgrace of the community in general.
This post is located in the admin section on purpose, it is just an official statement, not a subject for further discussion. Should you want to discuss this matter further, please use private communication channels and do not start threads on this topic. Let us focus on what is important and that is development and helping others.
Thank you for your attention.
Last edited by Dexter on Tue Aug 20, 2019 5:36 pm; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : Wording refinement, thanks to those involved. :))
A topic heading written by a contributor on the BVET Forum falsely inferred that the BVE Worldwide Forum, or its staff or membership, were in breach of the law concerning intellectual property rights. This has been corrected, it having been brought to the attention of BVET management. BVEWorldwide are happy that this matter has been dealt with and are prepared to put it down to an oversight by the BVET moderating system. Therefore the matter is considered settled and closed.
Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum