Network West Midlands

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Network West Midlands - Page 3 Empty Re: Network West Midlands

Post by Movingmillion on Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:45 pm

I completely respect your decision in this, and will not try to change it, but I'm sure that all train developers do it for fun, and if they thought that it was not fun anymore, they would stop working on it and either release what they had done or just leave it

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:14 pm

Currently making the Class 321, the carriages are giving me problems ATM. Could I DM you the train and I'll explain it in detail what the problems are as I don't want this to go more off-topic than it already is going.

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion on Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:47 pm

Agreed. PM me and I'll take a look.

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac on Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:28 pm

If you want it then do it yourself.
http://www.roman-road.co.uk/temp/tutorial/index.html

I had the same dilemma when i wanted Irish trains and there were none to be had.
That tutorial gave me a start, and the rest is history.

Same thing applies to routes as well.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Question: Will this twitter page ever get used again? Link to page: https://twitter.com/Trainsimcentral?lang=en

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion on Tue Dec 25, 2018 4:51 pm

If I could take a guess I would probably think that it would only be reused if Trainsimstuff or the original full Trainsimcentral site was able to make a return. Plus, that Twitter account hadn't been used for four years, long before TSS went down.

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion on Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:02 pm

Another advancement in the world of openBVE, and a very well documented route that has lasted many years.

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 25, 2018 9:17 pm

Movingmillion wrote:Another advancement in the world of openBVE, and a very well documented route that has lasted many years.

Yep, that is a true statement, from pictured signals to animated passing trains. This route is probably one of the best advanced routes OpenBVE has ever seen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork on Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:42 pm

fam622, as you can see, I removed your latest posting here. Please refrain from showing your impatience. Quel sera, sera. The update will come when the authors feel it is ready. When it's online, I'm sure we'll hear about it here. So just take a seat and wait patiently, as we all do.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:00 pm

Quork wrote:fam622, as you can see, I removed your latest posting here. Please refrain from showing your impatience. Quel sera, sera. The update will come when the authors feel it is ready. When it's online, I'm sure we'll hear about it here. So just take a seat and wait patiently, as we all do.

Sometimes as well Quork, the authors may either forget to release the update/or are busy which prevents them from uploading an update. So, sometimes its not always when its ready, it can also be due to the reasons which I just gave examples to. But, I do understand your point in showing impatience for something whether its a joke or not.

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac on Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:50 pm

Quork wrote wrote:
Quork wrote:fam622, as you can see, I removed your latest posting here. Please refrain from showing your impatience. Quel sera, sera. The update will come when the authors feel it is ready. When it's online, I'm sure we'll hear about it here. So just take a seat and wait patiently, as we all do.

Honestly, Quork's completely right here, there will be news when there's something to be said - trust us here.

There's been a (mostly unwritten) convention as long as I've been on the scene (and that's almost 10 yrs, so a "newby" really) that an item will be ready WHEN it is ready, and that's entirely at the creator's say so. Long silences from developers are usually because they have nothing new to say. Most will post news when there is news to post.
So, patience is required from the consumers until announcements or works are ready. I can't imagine how an author can "forget" to release a work that is ready to roll. Especially a route, which, believe me, you won't get out of you head even weeks after it's finished and released.
And bear in mind, it's a lot harder major upgrading a large, complex existing route than it is to start from scratch, a lot need to be tested and checked. The NWM brand won't allow substandard work out, when it arrives it will be well worth the wait.

NOBODY wants the situation where a WIP is hyped in a blaze of glory whenever a couple of rivets are added to a cab front, or whatever. Being fed frequent episodes of b******t is even worse that simply waiting. I'll refrain from mentioning names but it has happened, and a lot of people find that behaviour annoying in the extreme.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 on Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:50 am

On that note, I'm locking this thread to stop any further degeneration.

When the NWM team have something to share, they will do so. Until then, please be patient.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum