BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OpenBve is loading in ATP mode! Help please!

+2
Glory! koshikii
Ad1992
6 posters

Go down

OpenBve is loading in ATP mode! Help please! Empty OpenBve is loading in ATP mode! Help please!

Post by dgeddes Mon Mar 06, 2017 8:43 pm

Sometimes, when I load a game in OpenBve, it loads in a weird mode. On the Central Line Route in the 1992 stock, it prevents me from driving the train. The game is loading in a mode called ATP. What is this? I don't know what this is all about. I'm quite new to OpenBve, so I am a bit confused about what is going on. The two differences that I notice are firstly that there is a box at the bottom left of the screen that says 'ATP'. When the game is functionally normally, this is not there and I am able to use the ATO on the 1992 Stock without any problems. Any ideas what is going wrong? Am I somehow entering the wrong game mode?
dgeddes
dgeddes

Back to top Go down

OpenBve is loading in ATP mode! Help please! Empty Re: OpenBve is loading in ATP mode! Help please!

Post by Ad1992 Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:12 pm

I am one of the developers.

Did you read the manual that comes with the route?

I am aware of there being only two glitches in this route. In the event that the plugin doesn't fire up properly which sometimes can very rarely happen, you will see some white boxes in the bottom right of the screen. Simply exit and reload Open bve and this should disappear. In the event they don't disappear then try reinstalling the route and train or resetting your machine. Unfortunately there seems to be a glitch with Open not loading plugins, and I think it is mostly down to the amount of RAM available. What can also help is to close any extra programs running in the background. Another issue i've found is that occasionally your virus scanner may remove the vital .dll files from the train folder, this too can cause the plugin not to fire up.
It is advisable not to jump stations, it can sometimes mess the signalling up.
If you find the route a bit laggy in places, this is probably due to your lack of RAM. I myself have only 2 GB. I find that if you tweak the viewing distance it makes a difference in performance. Ideally it is advisable to run this route with at least 3 or more GB.
In the event you do find any other glitches then report them to the BVE Worldwide forum.

You may want to adjust your gamma/brightness settings to obtain optimum visual display.

In the event that the game is crashing and you get a Parameter error, and or some stations are disappearing, change the interpolation settings in the main openbve options. Eg Bilinear, Anisotropic. It depends what works best for you.

On top of that, what I have yet to put in there is the following:

Right click on the main openbve exe program; and under the top tap compatibility, check the box that says  Disable desktop composition...

For some reason checking this box helps the issue.

Try doing what I have just said and if that doesn't work, let me know.

Best of luck with the route.
Ad1992
Ad1992

http://bvewesternregion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

OpenBve is loading in ATP mode! Help please! Empty Re: OpenBve is loading in ATP mode! Help please!

Post by dgeddes Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi there,
Unfortunately I still can't get the route to load properly. I tried to Disable desktop composition, but I don't have that option to select under Compatibility, so that is out of the question. What is actually happening, is when the route loads at Ealing Broadway, the speedo is already lit and I can't insert my key or use the page up and down buttons to change the mode. It is like the train is locked in a mode. I have always had this problem, but I used to just restart the game and it was back to normal. But now, it is stuck with some options in the bottom-right of the screen which says 'ATP', Brake, etc. The train will still drive, but in a simple mode, like all other BVE trains. I can simply move the reverser to forward and increase the power and it will move. But this is not how it is supposed to be, because when the game loads normally, you have to twist the handle before the train will move. And also the ATO doesn't work at the moment, as I can't cycle up and down through the driving modes.
I've tried re-installing both the route and train, and unbelievably, it didn't make any difference. I am still stuck in this stupid mode where the game loads with settings boxes at the bottom-left of the screen.
It's really annoying because I love driving on the route in ATO mode, and exploring different modes to drive in, yet this mode it loads in is restricting all gameplay.
Please help, I don't know what to do!
dgeddes
dgeddes

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory! koshikii Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:34 am

That sounds like a dll loading problem.
Are you using Windows?

When starting a new game, keep watch for a message saying something among the lines of "the plugin could not be loaded, default safety systems will be used, might cause interference" or, if after the game loads, you see ATS, ATS RUN, ATS-P etc on the bottom right corner, let us know.

Also try different trains from different eras for different purposes, maybe BVE 2 trains, BVE 4 trains and some using bvec_ats. If plugins can't load at all, then it's an OpenBVE or platform bug. But if it's one specific train plugin, the others shouldn't crash.

You can see what plugin the train has by looking at its ats.cfg.
I hope this helps.

Glory! koshikii

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:58 am

It's a known problem with the ATO plugin used by the 1992TS (WestinghouseATP.dll)

I suspect it's probably related to the time taken for the simulation to load, as any reports normally seem to come from users with slower machines, but as I've never been able to reproduce it, & the source for the plugin is not available, there's not much that can be done....

If you're using one of my builds from the 1.5 series, the option 'Unload Unused Textures' will help a little with performance.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by dgeddes Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:57 pm

I tried running the game with some other trains and routes and everything seems to be fine with those. It definitely seems that the problem is related to the WestinghouseATP.dll file. In terms of the 'Unload Unused Textures', I don't know how to find this setting or where it is in OpenBve. It is not in the list of settings. My PC is not slow. I have a pro gaming PC for graphically demanding games, so I shouldn't have any problem running this. And it was fine before recently, when the plugin stopped firing up on launch. All I see is ATS, ATS RUN, ATS-P at the bottom-right of the screen so this is a problem as these options shouldn't be there. What else can I do to fix this?
dgeddes
dgeddes

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:58 am

Check this box to Unload Unused Textures:
OpenBve is loading in ATP mode! Help please! Check10
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dgeddes Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:55 pm

It seems that I don't have those options at the bottom right of the window. Check it out: Why is this? Is it because you have a newer version?
Where did you download the newer version? Should I OpenBve is loading in ATP mode! Help please! Dffdfd10get it?
dgeddes
dgeddes

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:35 pm

You're using  v 1.4.2.0 (see bottom left) which doesn't have that option. Have you tried later versions? You can instal multiple versions if you want to - I've got four which I use to ensure my stuff works for most users.
OpenBve is loading in ATP mode! Help please! Captur10
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by dgeddes Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:15 pm

Hi all,
I tried running the game with the latest version as well as changing that setting, but it's still not working. Now I actually get an error message at the top of the screen as the game finishes loading that says that:
''The train plugin WestinghouseATP.dll failed to load. The built in ATS/ATC systems will be used instead, which may cause issues''.
It actually says in pink above that '1 file(s) not found. This is just getting strange. I mean I can see that the file is there when I explore the 1992TS folder, so I don't know why OpenBve is failing to find the file. Maybe it is corrupted? I already said that reinstalling the route and train doesn't fix it. Help please!
dgeddes
dgeddes

Back to top Go down

Post by dgeddes Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:42 pm

To follow on from my last post, I noticed that the same problem is occurring in another train. I get the same error messages, except it is for the 1996 stock. It's not really a problem for that train, as it doesn't have ATO so the errors don't make much difference. The only way to drive it is manually anyway. Do you think there may be something else causing these .dll issues now?
dgeddes
dgeddes

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:05 pm

Smells like antivirus
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down