BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

openBVE 1.5.0 RC1 - BUGS

+29
Manuel18
Delsin
S520
Phonteus Nevolius
theflyingoreo
parker78
graymac
ebennekom
NakanoS
LabRatAndy
leezer3
jckhinks
Quork
call2
Stevegr
jorgecerezo
SysVR
BillEWS
buckysam
tof63
MattD6R
thehoviskid
phontanka
mobile1
Dj Hammers
Glory! koshikii
fas
Marc Riera
Dexter
33 posters

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

openBVE 1.5.0 RC1 - BUGS - Page 4 Empty Re: openBVE 1.5.0 RC1 - BUGS

Post by leezer3 Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:42 pm

Will take a look, should be fixable Smile

I've tested installation on the VM, but not really creation....
In theory it should just work.
In practice...... (lol)

A question from the screenshots though-
I see that the username in the /home/ directory appears to be blank. Have you deleted this from the images deliberately, or is it not showing at all?

My first immediate instinct on seeing that is special (Accented?) characters in the username.

Cheers

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:22 am

Very Happy Thanks!
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:57 pm

OK, creation on Mono should now be fixed & the updated hu-HU language file is in the current nightly Smile

The progress indicator appears a little buggy, but not sure if that's the crummy graphics on the VM.

TLDR:
A specific check was added for no access permissions. Turns out Mono doesn't support this, so it'll give a slightly more generic error message on Mono.....

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:01 pm

I deleted the username in an image editor, no non-English characters in it. Testing the latest build as we speak.
phontanka
phontanka

http://phontanka.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:36 pm

I have good news and bad news on version 1.4.306. The good news is that package creation now works. The bad news is that packages are created with an incorrect directory structure. Instead of having Object, Route, Sound in the package there is a single Object directory. Within that there is a Railway directory and within that are Object, Route, Sound with the actual content of the package. See screenshots.

openBVE 1.5.0 RC1 - BUGS - Page 4 Kypern15
openBVE 1.5.0 RC1 - BUGS - Page 4 Kypern13
openBVE 1.5.0 RC1 - BUGS - Page 4 Kypern14

Last edited by phontanka on Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
phontanka
phontanka

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:40 pm

One more thing about version 1.4.306 on Ubuntu Gnome 16.10: automatic update of the Start new game page contents still doesn't seem to work. That is, after I install a correctly built package it doesn't immediately appear in the route list. After going into a folder and back its there, of course.
phontanka
phontanka

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:56 pm

Just tested 1.4.306 on Windows 10, the package creation bug doesn't appear there, packages are created correctly. The Start new game page refreshes automagically on Windows, so that bug does not apply there either.
phontanka
phontanka

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:14 pm

Current daily build should fix the path issues.
(Note: Mac build may take a few hours to appear, TravisCI are backlogged at present)

Will have to investigate the refresh issue a little further.

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:30 pm

I confirm, package creation works now.
phontanka
phontanka

Back to top Go down

Post by MattD6R Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:50 am

I have previously tested the package management on windows and successfully create and install packages. However if I select create package, select route and select replace existing package it crashes with the message of: "of Unhandled Windows Form Exception" on Windows 10 using 1.4.309.794 version of the program.

It doesn't happen on older machine that has Windows 7 using 1.4.233.1350 and I able to create a package replacing an existing package. I loaded the 1.4.309.794 version on Windows 7 and get the crash with the above message.

Chris, have you been able find anything with the issue I had arriving late at the first station upon loading the route? Smile

Both versions on Windows 7 also has the late arrival at the first station on my WIP route and Kilmagranny usually by up to 5 seconds but depending on train used. Occasionally it is more such as using the HST train on your class 104 route (late by 30 sec) and 10 sec late using HST train on the HST route. This is also still happening on Windows 10 being the same lateness on your route as on Windows 7 but varies a bit more than on Windows 7.

I also still get that route interval train derailing on Windows 10 such as on your route with the HST which I have previously mentioned but can takes a few loads to get it happen on Windows 7. On Windows 7 on 2 loads of the program using the class 25 on Cheltenham the train arrived late with a derailed route interval train also.

MattD6R

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:41 pm

I also tested 1.4.309 overwriting existing packages and it worked perfectly well on Ubuntu Gnome 16.10.
phontanka
phontanka

Back to top Go down

Post by MattD6R Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:36 am

I am able to successfully create a new package that doesn't replace an existing package. I only get the crash if I replace an existing package using 1.4.309.794. Installing a package works very well without any issue.

Though I have noticed with package creation is when you select "Save As" and then in the "Save as type" it has "All Files" as selected option. The package is still created and installed fine but doesn't get saved as a .zip file. If I then add the file extension to the file name or select zip from the drop down menu it does get saved as a .zip file.

MattD6R

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:43 pm

MattD6R wrote:I am able to successfully create a new package that doesn't replace an existing package. I only get the crash if I replace an existing package using 1.4.309.794. Installing a package works very well without any issue.

My fault entirely, fixed. (Side effect of the other crash fix...)

Also added translated strings to a couple of missing buttons.

MattD6R wrote:Though I have noticed with package creation is when you select "Save As" and then in the "Save as type" it has "All Files" as selected option. The package is still created and installed fine but doesn't get saved as a .zip file. If I then add the file extension to the file name or select zip from the drop down menu it does get saved as a .zip file.

Semi-intentional.
Really, packages should be using something like *.obp , as opposed to *.zip but that breaks things for users who aren't using the package manager.

Whilst I'm number 2 on Google, there are still plenty of sites distributing other versions of the sim, which don't support packages, and it's confusing enough without adding a new fileformat unless you want to make use of some of the new features.

MattD6R wrote:Chris, have you been able find anything with the issue I had arriving late at the first station upon loading the route? Smile

Both versions on Windows 7 also has the late arrival at the first station on my WIP route and Kilmagranny usually by up to 5 seconds but depending on train used. Occasionally it is more such as using the HST train on your class 104 route (late by 30 sec) and 10 sec late using HST train on the HST route. This is also still happening on Windows 10 being the same lateness on your route as on Windows 7 but varies a bit more than on Windows 7.

I also still get that route interval train derailing on Windows 10 such as on your route with the HST which I have previously mentioned but can takes a few loads to get it happen on Windows 7. On Windows 7 on 2 loads of the program using the class 25 on Cheltenham the train arrived late with a derailed route interval train also.

Can't find anything at the minute, nothing at all obvious, and predictably it doesn't do it on my machines....
Long shot:
Try turning on 'Load in Advance' (Or turning it off if it's on)

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by MattD6R Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:44 pm

Replacing an existing package now works correctly. Thanks

I am happy with 7zip, zip and the like you have used for the package management. I was asking because I was though you would have zip selected and then if wanted something else you would select all files and then add the file extension.

Unselecting "Load in Advance" does reduce the issue but does still happen to a lower extent. I will give it some more testing later to make sure. I gave it go with the class 25 on Cheltenham and it was 15 seconds late the first time with a derailed route interval train. On subsequent loads it was only 1 second late every time with no derailing. Similar with the HST on your route though I didn't check for the derailed train but arrived 30 seconds late and around 10 seconds on subsequent loads. Also late on my WIP route by the same amount as it was previously which was 4 seconds late but on subsequent loads it arrived 2 seconds after the expected time but no message for that as that might not be late.

MattD6R

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:10 pm

Chris, openBVE seems fairly stable now, except for a handful of bugs we have been discussing. Have you thought about releasing a stable version to replace 1.4.3? That would hopefully stop other sites from distributing 1.4.3.
phontanka
phontanka

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:53 pm

phontanka wrote:Chris, openBVE seems fairly stable now, except for a handful of bugs we have been discussing. Have you thought about releasing a stable version to replace 1.4.3? That would hopefully stop other sites from distributing 1.4.3.

I've thought about it, hence acquiring the domain name Smile
That's somewhere on the first page of Google, & most other search engines.

Some stuff has started appearing in packaged format & using the new features, but I'm well aware that at the minute it's in the minority.
This means that testing in 'unusual' situations hasn't been done nearly as much as I'd like (Note the most recent package path issues!)

For that matter, I don't necessarily think that 'stopping' others from distributing 1.4.3 is a mega good idea.

TLDR:
It's coming along, slowly....
RC8 is pretty much stable on Windows, hopefully the next will be stable elsewhere too.

Need to get back to Jo Shields too, as she was interested in updating the Debian/ Ubuntu package once things were 100% stable.

MattD6R wrote:Unselecting "Load in Advance" does reduce the issue but does still happen to a lower extent. I will give it some more testing later to make sure. I gave it go with the class 25 on Cheltenham and it was 15 seconds late the first time with a derailed route interval train. On subsequent loads it was only 1 second late every time with no derailing. Similar with the HST on your route though I didn't check for the derailed train but arrived 30 seconds late and around 10 seconds on subsequent loads. Also late on my WIP route by the same amount as it was previously which was 4 seconds late but on subsequent loads it arrived 2 seconds after the expected time but no message for that as that might not be late.

That suggests that your machine is taking an abnormally long time to load the textures, and as a consequence it's subsequently overflowing in the first frame length calculation.
(On subsequent loads, openGL will have cached them internally, hence why it then works)

I'll do some more digging on my slower machines, but this isn't normal, even on a mega slow machine.
Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers recently?

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:53 pm

Sure, packages are not everywhere yet. What I am doing on bveklub.hu is a slow transition to the new package format. I added four route packages on Saturday and updated our Hungarian add-on installation guide.
phontanka
phontanka

Back to top Go down

Post by MattD6R Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Thanks Chris for looking in the problem. My machine (laptop) is new and I have had it for about 9 months. It does tend to be slow but mostly after turning it on and after a few min it is usually fine. However this testing was done using the integrated Intel graphics and not the dedicated Nvidia graphics. That probably is making a difference but it does work reasonably well except for extremely detailed routes.

I could easily change the default used to Nvidia if the problem is from my end. I can't see anywhere ATM where I can update the Intel graphics but the Nvidia does regularly check for updates and uses around 70mb of data every few weeks.

MattD6R

Back to top Go down

Post by MattD6R Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:43 pm

I tried the Nvidia graphics using the class 25 on Cheltenham and it arrived 3 seconds late and the route interval train derailed. On subsequent loads there was no derailing and arrived one 1 second late. Using the HST there is no derailing at all on several loads. The train arrived 10 seconds late on the first loading of the route. Subsequent loads were 1 second late using the HST route and on time for class 104 route.

So it works better using the dedicated graphics but still occurs to a lesser degree. I do get a regular small amount of stutter using the Intel graphics and a bit worst with the Nvidia. It seems it's the fault of my machine which does have troubles at times. I not sure what I can do about it but it's a decent spec machine with an i7 with 8gb RAM.

MattD6R

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:27 pm

Chris I wonder if you've seen this post:

https://bveworldwide.forumotion.com/t1335-windows-10

I've heard the same thing from a Hungarian guy too. It's the latest RC on the website.
phontanka
phontanka

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:31 pm

I've found another bug concerning package creation on Ubuntu. I created a package on Ubuntu Gnome 16.10 and installed it. Everything seemed to work perfectly.

Then I tried to install the same package on Windows and the text in the description was messed up. Line breaks seem to be lost completely, all the text is just one block. Some characters - presumably only ő and ű from the Hungarian alphabet - are replaced by the funny character I highlighted with a red square in the image.

I guess it has to do with different line endings on Windows and Linux, but why the characters are messed up I have no idea.

Oh, wait. Having had a closer look at package.xml, I see that line breaks are just actual line breaks in the file. The latest versions have \r\n for line breaks. I've added them and all is well. However the "ő" character being replaced is still funny.

openBVE 1.5.0 RC1 - BUGS - Page 4 Linuxp10
phontanka
phontanka

Back to top Go down

Post by BillEWS Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:46 am

I have't got it to fully download as yet! When downloading I got a warning from my Norton programme not to download it. However, I eventually decided to let it download However, when I click on the prog file to run it, Norton again gives a warning not to open the Prog file. I'm still in doubt mode so haven't let it open as yet. I have never had any problems downloading OpenBVE before so do I just ignore the warning?

BillEWS

http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/keng/kenhtml/GKHome.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by phontanka Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:53 am

Avast does something similar. It's because the file is not widespread enough yet. You're safe to run it.
phontanka
phontanka

Back to top Go down

Post by BillEWS Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:54 pm

Thanks, phontanka.

BillEWS

http://theatreorgans.com/hammond/keng/kenhtml/GKHome.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:37 pm

phontanka wrote:I've found another bug concerning package creation on Ubuntu. I created a package on Ubuntu Gnome 16.10 and installed it. Everything seemed to work perfectly.

Then I tried to install the same package on Windows and the text in the description was messed up. Line breaks seem to be lost completely, all the text is just one block. Some characters - presumably only ő and ű from the Hungarian alphabet - are replaced by the funny character I highlighted with a red square in the image.

I guess it has to do with different line endings on Windows and Linux, but why the characters are messed up I have no idea.

Oh, wait. Having had a closer look at package.xml, I see that line breaks are just actual line breaks in the file. The latest versions have \r\n for line breaks. I've added them and all is well. However the "ő" character being replaced is still funny.

The funny character looks to be from one of the Eastern languages (Korean etc.)

Mono's fontspace handling is a little funny at times, and I'm not sure whether this is a Mono bug, or what off the top of my head.
If you view the XML file in a text editor, does the character show correctly, or has it been replaced with either the offending one, or something else (Square character not found box?)

Will test on a Linux box, but probably won't be until after Christmas. Also need to look into the refresh issue for you Smile

leezer3

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next