BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Signals not visible? My experiment.

Go down

Signals not visible? My experiment. Empty Signals not visible? My experiment.

Post by jsiren Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:04 pm

Hi all,

I ran into a problem where signals disappeared in certain routes after some update of either OpenBVE or Mono. They did remain visible in others, though. This gave me the idea to experiment a bit. The culprit seemed to be BrSigs (.x objects), while everything BrSigs_open (.animated objects) seems to be rendering just fine. So I took the night run of Birmingham Cross City South and changed a few lines in the route CSV.

Before:

Code:
Signal(3).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\signal3; Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\glow3
Signal(4).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\signal4yg; Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\glow4yg
Signal(5).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\repeat; Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\glowrepeat
Signal(8).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\signal4ygfeatherl; Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\glow4ygfeatherl
Signal(13).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\signal2gy; Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\glow2gy
Signal(14).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\signal4ygBNSplat8_; Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\glow4yg
Signal(15).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\groundrepeater4yg; Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\glowgroundrepeater4yg

After:

Code:
[color=#222222]Signal(3).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs_open\3Aspect.animated
Signal(4).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs_open\4Aspect.animated
Signal(5).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs_open\Repeater.animated
Signal(8).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs_open\4Aspect_FeatherL.animated
Signal(13).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs_open\2Aspect_GY_distant.animated
Signal(14).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\signal4ygBNSplat8_; Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\glow4yg
Signal(15).Load Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\groundrepeater4yg; Bham_X-City_South\BrSigs\night\glowgroundrepeater4yg[/color]

This quick fix worked; visible aspects worked correctly on the converted signals. There should have been one of #14, a four-aspect signal with a back-lit "8" route indicator, at the entrance of Birmingham New Street, but there was no direct replacement in BrSigs_open. Instead, I changed an existing "B" dot-matrix indication to an "8" and added that to a four-aspect signal; that worked fine at New Street. The original presented above wasn't visible, but my hack was (filename not quoted above because it apparently doesn't come with BrSigs_open).

jsiren

Back to top Go down