BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DLR Seltrac question

3 posters

Go down

DLR Seltrac question  Empty DLR Seltrac question

Post by jack123 Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi everyone,
Me again, I love the DLR route (Bank to Greenwich) I think it is extremely realistic, especially one Canada square building! Think that's very realistic! I also think that's its great that you can have different modes CM,RM etc, but there is one problem with the route. The speed restrictions into platforms are just too slow. There is no way the DLR is driven like that in real life. I have tried to get around this by driving in CM and RM, but there is a ATP system installed meaning that you must obey the speed limits otherwise it will trip. The train slows to 10kph when entering the platforms and coasts to the stopping point. Could someone tell me how can you possibly change this? Make the train come in at about 30-35 kph ? The trains brakes are capable of doing this because I have tested it on another route. The seltrac plugin is a DLL file so I can't open it. Could someone please help!

jack123

Back to top Go down

DLR Seltrac question  Empty Re: DLR Seltrac question

Post by LabRatAndy Tue Mar 05, 2013 5:38 pm

You'd need to edit the route file, the speed the train travels at will be set by .beacon commands through out the route as to which ones make it do what I don't know. The web site the file originally came from appears to no longer exist, so unless someone has the documentation for the plugin or knows where it is now hosted. It looks like you will need to experiment to see what does what, just do it on a duplicate copy of the route though.

LabRatAndy

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Tue Mar 05, 2013 7:00 pm

Speed command instructions per se aren't beacons, they are ordered in the track namespace by ".limit v" where "v" is velocity in kph.
There IS a beacon that will apply emergency brakes (EB) on passing at over the permitted speed, ".Beacon 44002;0;1;v" where "v" is the permitted max speed in kph.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jack123 Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:31 pm

That's helped a bunch thank you both of you. That has sorted out the speed problem but now the train keeps overshooting the platform whats really annoying! The ATO, seems to think that it has to only brake as far as B1 that's it. So graymac I might need to use your emergency brake beacon if I can't get that sorted out so thanks for that.

jack123

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:24 am

Every station must have a .stop associated with it. There can be more than one car stop to accommodate different train lengths
The stop position in the track namespace is ordered as per example:
15430, .stop 0;10;5;n

where 15430 is the required stop position in route
where 0 is default stop marker = none (-1= left; 1= right)
where 10 is permitted tolerance in metres before absolute position*
where 5 is permitted tolerance in metres after absolute position**
where n is number of cars in train, where there are more than one stopping place at a station, if there's just a single stop place omit ";n"

* values typically range from 0-30. Very close values, or zero, risk the driver stopping short or overshooting the target - resulting in "please correct your stopping position" warnings!!! Experiment and see!
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by jack123 Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:09 pm

Hey graymac,
After following your advice, I have now completely resignalled the DLR from bank to island gardens,( am finishing cutty sark and Greenwich of Tommorow). The train now runs much more realistically and pulls into platforms and a much higher speed. I have also taken this opportunity to modify the train, and make me have control of the doors rather than the computer. The whole route is now much better, and I can enjoy the detail what has been put into it because the train isn't driving me mad about how slow it is!
Thanks once again.

jack123

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:41 pm

You're welcome, Jack. All the grisly details above are well documented in the official OpenBVE developer guides and also in Denis Lance's tutorial, links to both are in the "College of Knowledge" section on this site. Everyone interested in making route stuff needs to have these - mine are printed out and bound for reference, always ready to hand. I can't overemphasise the importance of this data.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down