BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

route/object viewer

4 posters

Go down

route/object viewer Empty route/object viewer

Post by mobile1 Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi, Is any route developer using route viewer or object viewer with windows 7/8 , I need to get a new laptop which must have a seperate graphics card fitted and i`m wondering if it will run, I know win 7/8 wont be a problem but i am wondering about the add ons....regards
mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

route/object viewer Empty Re: route/object viewer

Post by phileakins Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:20 pm

Hi mobile1

Yes, my route/object editor development version uses both route and object viewers (v4.2) in Windows 7 without a problem.

Phil

phileakins

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:58 pm

No problems with windows 7 (either 32 bit on laptop or 64bit on main PC) with route viewer or object viewer which are in intensive use most of the time. Older stuff (like switch) will need DOSBox if you have 64 bit Win7 Haven't seen or tried Win 8. Neither do I want to.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mobile1 Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:06 pm

thanks for that guys, as soon as the sales start, i`ll be looking, as far as i can see win 7 is win 8 with a few differences....regards...p.s. merry xmas to you all...
mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:45 pm

Win 8 would appear to have advantages with tablet devices etc, but is probably no better than Win 7 unless you want touch-screen etc. I've used Win 7 for a year now, and though I didn't like it at first I now actually prefer it to XP. Be mindful though, not all the old programs you may have and want to use will automatically work with 64bit versions of Win 7. Sometimes "fixes" can be found but not always.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:09 pm

What I'm still deeply amazed at, is, how very much the new Windows GUI resembles Star Trek's LCARS system. Years of growing experience with touch screens lead to exactly the same GUI Michael Okuda invented for Star Trek. Big square elements with high contrast (mostly red and yellow) towards the black background, adaptive element control, distinct color feedback to clicks etc. It's simply amazing to see yet another invention done for Star Trek become reality.

So, BTT =D
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by mobile1 Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:14 pm

I`ll look forward to the day when they invent the holodeck, i wont have anything to do then...
mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down