BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Differentiation between Electric and Non-Electric Trains

+5
tonytrainsfree1
mrknowitall
graymac
Drag0nflamez
CaptED
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Differentiation between Electric and Non-Electric Trains - Page 2 Empty Re: Differentiation between Electric and Non-Electric Trains

Post by graymac Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:47 am

The topic is covering what's electric and what ain't, which is consistent enough if you're following it properly.
Ed's list covers a lot of countries. Not many users will (to their shame, perhaps??) have examples from all these. With this sim there is no means to limit a route to using authentic rolling stock. So you can have a monster intercity electric train hammering down a branch line. Or a first generation BR diesel multiple unit chugging hopefully towards Seattle! Quite ridiculous, but sometimes fun.
Some routes have the correct trains available on the same website. Where it becomes complicated is when individual trainmakers material is introduced. Particularly in the UK, there are several independent rolling stock makers. (I can't comment on USA as I have no American material available, as a maker rather than a player I have not enough time to experiment with it).
For the international player it may be necessary to research what types of stock exist on chosen railways, unless suitable trains are provided by the routebuilder. Wikipedia is useful.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Differentiation between Electric and Non-Electric Trains - Page 2 Empty Re: Differentiation between Electric and Non-Electric Trains

Post by Northern Line Sat Sep 29, 2012 3:18 am

Maybe change the name of the title since the topic sound different than what it states. How about Differentiation between Electric and Non-Electric Trains?
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sat Sep 29, 2012 1:50 pm

Maybe change the name of the title since the topic sound different than what it states. How about Differentiation between Electric and Non-Electric Trains?

If you haven't got anything better to do Rolling Eyes
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptED Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:15 pm

Hi to all Readers...
I have had to remove a couple of the Subway Routes account high error counts..

NYCT-A had 33 errors and 3 warnings...
NYCT-D had 45 errors and 95 ???

At any rate I did remove them from the list on the first Page...

Still looking for Electric trains that use overhead wire... to add to my list....
Only looking for those with exterior's...

Ed
CaptED
CaptED

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0nflamez Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:46 pm

You shouldn't remove anything for causing errors, you only should remove something if the files are missing and you can't find them.

Drag0nflamez

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptED Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi "Drag0nflamez"

You are correct .... as some of the other NYCT's did require parts of A & D..

And I did remove only the Routes for NYCT-A and NYCT-D and keep both the Objects and Sounds for Each....

I did remove the 2 from the Page 1 list so other Newbies would not download and expect it to be good...

Now on Your comment about removing account of errors....

I view the errors as possible slowing down my computer...
I could be wrong ... If you or any one have information either way Please Post...

Ed

CaptED
CaptED

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:44 pm

OpenBVE simply states there is any kind of error - this can be an object file missing, this can be a syntax error, this might as well be a small texture error in some grass object 500m left of the tracks... It's of no interest for you as a user at all, only for the route dev. There's no way the error can harm you. Simply ignore the numbers, and look for yourself whether the route looks good or not. I've seen routes with 100+ errors and 30+ missing objects, which look just alright. As long as it isn't signals missing, or whole landscape parts (in such a way that you see there is something missing), the route is alright for you.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptED Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:19 pm

Thanks " Quork"

I appreciate that info... this makes me consider simply turning this off in Options menu, the part that displays the errors/warnings etc....

I was worrying over scenery with 3 syntax errors...

Thanks Again
Ed

CaptED
CaptED

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:40 pm

You may almost certainly find errors with some older BVE4 routes. You can still run them in openBVE and many of the types of error won't even be noticeable to the user, or may be so slight as not to be important.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptED Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:17 pm

Thanks "Gray"

With both You and Quork inputs.. it turns out I may have been making a Mountain out of a Mole Hill...

Thanks for easing my mind on the subject... and Yes you are correct the few that I find error with were older stuff...

Ed
CaptED
CaptED

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:21 pm

That's due to small syntax changes that happened along the history line of BVE/OpenBVE.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2