BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Peterborough improvement and thameslink plans

2 posters

Go down

Peterborough improvement and thameslink plans Empty Peterborough improvement and thameslink plans

Post by rick1984 Thu May 31, 2012 4:01 pm

I saw they've started work on extending peterborough station and that part of these plans are to connect it to the thameslink network.

Does anyone have any links to details of these plans?

As far as I'm aware the thameslink is currently linked to midland mainline not the ECML, so iI'm wondering how they plan to link to peterborough.

Also disappointed by lack of any information about the peterborough improvements being posted around the station Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by rick1984 on Thu May 31, 2012 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

rick1984

Back to top Go down

Peterborough improvement and thameslink plans Empty Re: Peterborough improvement and thameslink plans

Post by Drag0nflamez Thu May 31, 2012 8:46 pm

IIRC the ECML will be connected up to Thameslink as part of the programme. I thought the programme was to decrease congestion?

Drag0nflamez

Back to top Go down

Peterborough improvement and thameslink plans Empty Re: Peterborough improvement and thameslink plans

Post by rick1984 Thu May 31, 2012 8:58 pm

Is that using the old connection to kings X from the widened lines? hotel curve or something like that.

rick1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Drag0nflamez Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:54 pm

rick1984 wrote:Is that using the old connection to kings X from the widened lines? hotel curve or something like that.
Not sure, but since Thameslink is mostly upgraded old infrastructure it seems logical.

Drag0nflamez

Back to top Go down

Post by rick1984 Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:20 pm

Found what I was looking for.

Two new tunnels have been built just above pancras thameslink to link to east coast mainline, there is no track as of yet.

rick1984

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down