BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doing some work and need help

2 posters

Go down

Doing some work and need help Empty Doing some work and need help

Post by buckysam Thu May 31, 2012 4:47 am

Hello,

I have been planning on doing a little developing and I need some help with a few things. First, I have noticed in a lot of trains and I'm sure you all have, there is a digital clock in the cab, but it doesn't work. Well, a while back, I got a Cl 43 HST and it has a working digital clock. I want to figure out how to add that feature in other trains, but I don't know how to do it. If anyone wants to help me figure this out, post on here if you want to and I will PM you my email so I can send you the train if you want to see it. Also, a long time ago, I attempted at trying to add exteriors to the Cl 57-416 Pendalo Drag. I had noticed on NWM you would see the train in places, so I searched for the exteriors and I actually managed to add the exteriors to the train, but Ihad some issues with it, like the engines showed up, but the cars didn't and the engines also didn't show up correctly. Can I have help please?

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Doing some work and need help Empty Re: Doing some work and need help

Post by graymac Thu May 31, 2012 10:23 am

Depends whether you have a 2d (panel2) or 3D cab. Both scenarios can be catered for but the techniques are different. The station clock on the NWM uses animated object code which would apply for a 3D cab. Derryck's loco have digital readouts in a panel2 cab situation.

"Passing trains" can only be used on straight track. It is besst to make the train a single animated object using the animated file format as a "container"

You need to study the OpenBVE documentation here:
http://odakyufan.zxq.net/openbve/index.html

Don't worry if it is a lot to understand, we all had to do it Very Happy
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down