BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ideas for some unconventional routes...

5 posters

Go down

Ideas for some unconventional routes... Empty Ideas for some unconventional routes...

Post by alex_farlie Wed May 16, 2012 11:28 pm

Retrived from the archive.org version of Wulf9's former Saxon Loco Works -

ALL of these are possible within the limitations of the Open BVE engine as it CURRENTLY stands, it just needs some creative people
to prove it can be done Smile

# Screeching through the nmist of dark night as 'The Ghost Train' runs again and again...
# 'Basset Junction' -Liquorice bushes, a treacle mine, even some gingerbread houses maybe?
# 'Toytown Express' - Hornby 'O' tinplate running like clockwork.
# 'Colony 2101' - : A Monorail in some distant Starport Perhaps?
# 'Rails across the Hills' : Steam hauled, 3ft Gauge... Watch out for Bandits!!
# 'The Far Tottering & Oyster Creek' : Which featured at the Festival of Britain, as well as being in Punch Cartoons.
(Of course if someone want's to attempt the real-life West Clare Railway, I'm sure Greymac has the objects... )
# 'Vicarstown to Farquhar' : I'll leave you to work out where or what it is.. ;-)
# 'Tunnels under the City' :(e.g. Chicago Freight Tunnels / Mailrail) Do the loco panel as a CCTV view and pretend it's remote operation!
# 'Bella-Venti-Express' : A narrow guage freight for a vineyard?
# 'Burton on Bass' : Standard Guage Industrial, but definitely not a disorganised p*ss up!.
# 'O-Rileys Gold Mine' : A Mine Tramway (could be modern or historical)
# 'Drax Pit Deep' : Mine Tramway- modern coal mining ?
# 'Blackpool Nights': Along the premande in a tram with the illuminations on. Hmm..
# Theme park - Dark-rides can also be built in OpenBVE but probably will need an updated RouteBuilder to built effectively.

I also have recovered 3 longer fictional scenarios...

alex_farlie

Back to top Go down

Ideas for some unconventional routes... Empty Re: Ideas for some unconventional routes...

Post by Dexter Thu May 17, 2012 6:59 am

So, which one do you make?
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Ideas for some unconventional routes... Empty Re: Ideas for some unconventional routes...

Post by mobile1 Thu May 17, 2012 10:02 am

how did you get to wulf`s site, i have tried but dont get very far...the link i have doesnt seem to lead anywhere....regards
mobile1
mobile1

Back to top Go down

Post by alex_farlie Thu May 17, 2012 11:05 am

mobile1 wrote:how did you get to wulf`s site, i have tried but dont get very far...the link i have doesnt seem to lead anywhere....regards

Archive.org has a copy of the site as it was in 2002 Smile

alex_farlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf_9 Thu May 17, 2012 6:55 pm

... and that's not the last cache of the old SLW site either, it goes further forwards up to 2004 Wink
Wulf_9
Wulf_9

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf_9 Thu May 17, 2012 8:05 pm

Also found this :

Beck Line Phase (1)
Holborn - Elephant & Castle.
(C)2002 James Roberts/ Alex Farlie / David McCormick

Release Code
Version 0.99

Want it uploading so you can grab it? Got your signs & markers too if you want 'em Wink
Wulf_9
Wulf_9

Back to top Go down

Post by Greater Anglia Metro Thu May 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Does anyone remember the space route or the Christmas tree model railway route?
Greater Anglia Metro
Greater Anglia Metro

Back to top Go down

Post by alex_farlie Thu May 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Wulf_9 wrote:Also found this :

Beck Line Phase (1)

Release Code
Version 0.99

Want it uploading so you can grab it? Got your signs & markers too if you want 'em Wink

Wulf9 - You have permission to relase my contributions in that, tracing the other contributors may be an issue though as I don't
recall making many of the objects myself..

In terms of the various sign and marker collection - I've got no objections to the release of those other than a concern that they do not meet current quality standards, being developed rather quickly for BVE2. Ideally someone should re-do the Tube ones as proper Vector versions based on the various Transport for London 'style' manuals that exist. As to the NSE ones, again they should probably be subject to vector conversion, but I don't know of an 'accessible' copy of the NSE style manual to enable full conversion of these to the proper versions..

alex_farlie

Back to top Go down

Post by alex_farlie Thu May 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Wulf_9 wrote:Also found this :

Beck Line Phase (1)

Release Code
Version 0.99

Want it uploading so you can grab it?
Is that the E&C route or the Croydon 'Beta' (which reached 1.03 according to some mail I managed to recover from a crashed drive)

alex_farlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wulf_9 Sun May 20, 2012 12:57 am

It's the E & C one - and I'm not planning on releasing anything from it, or the marker signs, just thought you may like to grab them so you have 'fresh' copies Cool
Wulf_9
Wulf_9

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down