BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beck Line and Kings Line

2 posters

Go down

Beck Line and Kings Line Empty Beck Line and Kings Line

Post by VishnuB Wed May 16, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi everyone,

I've been looking for the Beck and Kings Lines, two fictional London-based BVE routes that went extinct about 5 years ago. You can view information pages for the Beck Line and the Kings Line here:

Beck Line
Kings Line

I've found Phase 0 of the Beck Line (it runs from Holborn to Elephant & Castle) from a friend, and if you want to try it, the link is on London BVE Tube, but the internal beta of Phase 1(a) was never released and has been gathering dust for 5 years with the select developers it was sent out to (and whoever else they may have sent it out to, which is why I'm inquiring here). I've e-mailed most of them and am awaiting replies, but I'm missing contact info for James Roberts and David McCormick. So, in short, if anyone has these files or contact information for these three developers/ex-developers, it would be a great help to me. Perhaps e-mail addresses should be PM'ed to me to protect the privacy of the person.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by VishnuB on Thu May 17, 2012 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
VishnuB
VishnuB

http://vishnubachani.com

Back to top Go down

Beck Line and Kings Line Empty Re: Beck Line and Kings Line

Post by alex_farlie Thu May 17, 2012 11:19 am

VishnuB wrote:Hi everyone,

I've been looking for the Beck and Kings Lines, two fictional London-based BVE routes that went extinct about 5 years ago. You can view information pages for the Beck Line and the Kings Line here:

Beck Line
Kings Line

I've found Phase I of the Beck Line (it runs from Holborn to Elephant & Castle) from a friend, and if you want to try it, the link is on London BVE Tube, but the internal beta of Phase II was never released and has been gathering dust for 5 years with the select developers it was sent out to (and whoever else they may have sent it out to, which is why I'm inquiring here). .

To be fair, the Elephant and Castle Beck was based on the Aldwych Extension route produced by James Roberts...

Following some input from Tubeprune, I modified the scenario slightly so it made more sense...

In my incomplete notes (recovered from a crashed disc) - I have the Beck Line as consisting of.
Phase 0 - Aldwych -> Waterloo -> Camberwell -> Loughborough Junction -> East Brixton -> Brockwell Park.. ( and based on a claim that powers did in fact exist for extending the Aldwych branch as far as Waterloo. Date of this extension is late 40's by my notes.)

Phase I (a) - Loughboroudh Junction (Diverging old route) -> Herne Hill -> Streatham -> Mitcham (Common) -> Croydon.
(The route has an unusal shape because of the Mitcham Depot site choice., The route is nominally 70's in planning, but 1980's in construction)

Phase 1(b) Holborn->Russell Square -> Euston. (This is based on Tubeprune's comments)

Phase II - Euston-> Camden ->Kentish Town-> Nags head -> Finsbury park -> (Then Northern Heights route to East Finchley via Highgate,
Depot site in Hornsey Vale area..)

Phase III- East Finchley-> Finchley Central -> West Finchley -> Mill Hill East-> Mill Hale the Hale -> Scratchwood -> Undetermined depot site.
(Phase III wasn't finalised in my notes, although I'd considered Elstree or Borohamwood as a possible end point)

The Croydon beta represented Phase 0, and Phase 1(a)...

alex_farlie

Back to top Go down