BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Development discontinued - discussing the direction to go

+16
alvinhochun
Bucket_of_mud
liquid_
Drag0nflamez
BruceS
joeyfjj
mrknowitall
Gothpaladinus
ecreek
Damian John Wit
graymac
phontanka
Quork
Chris [CT1660]
Dexter
Dj Hammers
20 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Development discontinued - discussing the direction to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Development discontinued - discussing the direction to go

Post by Dexter Thu May 10, 2012 2:50 pm

Ah, you're right, it is in the global announcement. So we obviously need to come to some kind of agreement. Personally I thought there won't be any forking, but the two sides are going to cooperate somehow, should any further development be actual.

Clearance needed on this.
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Development discontinued - discussing the direction to go - Page 2 Empty Re: Development discontinued - discussing the direction to go

Post by Dexter Thu May 10, 2012 2:52 pm

Quork wrote:And @ Derryck - I rather think, this board should stay focused on content devs, experienced users and, if, what I hope, Odakyufan decides for a open development with a greater team, program devs, while the support forum should be separate. Only a feeling though, can't tell exactly why...

Probably right, but the two things can also work together. We have a lot of experienced users and authors and I personally think going to a forum, where you can find all you need is better than searching around. It will save time and confusion, I guess...
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu May 10, 2012 2:53 pm

I have to agree with what Ben says. There is no need to rush things and make a complete ****-up (rolling things) of the job. If a little patience will provide us with a better outcome, what's not to like??

This is as good a place as you will get to exchange news and views.

while the support forum should be separate. Only a feeling though, can't tell exactly why...
True too, keep the factory and the shop independent.

Last edited by graymac on Thu May 10, 2012 2:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Thu May 10, 2012 2:56 pm

Well, let's see then... I will wait.
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris [CT1660] Thu May 10, 2012 4:46 pm

mrknowitall wrote:Were getting ahead of ourselves here. Odakyufan has already stated he wants no part in any fork, lets leave it to him to be the new developer of what was openbve. He has already stated you cannot use the name openbve if your creating any kind of fork....

Well, me and a few members here were talking about considering to collaborate with Odakyufan regarding the future of OpenBVE development. So far, we have one dev of the freeware Frets On Fire X willing to collaborate with the development, and two others on BVEStation who have knowledge of OpenBVE's programming language, one of them, who developed a working proof-of-concept extension that would allow multiplayer in OpenBVE.

Like they say, the more, the merrier.

does anyone happen to have Odakyufan's email?

Chris [CT1660]

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Thu May 10, 2012 4:54 pm

Chris [CT1660] wrote:
mrknowitall wrote:Were getting ahead of ourselves here. Odakyufan has already stated he wants no part in any fork, lets leave it to him to be the new developer of what was openbve. He has already stated you cannot use the name openbve if your creating any kind of fork....

Well, me and a few members here were talking about considering to collaborate with Odakyufan regarding the future of OpenBVE development. So far, we have one dev of the freeware Frets On Fire X willing to collaborate with the development, and two others on BVEStation who have knowledge of OpenBVE's programming language.

Like they say, the more, the merrier.

does anyone happen to have Odakyufan's email?

I personally think odakyufan will continue with anthony only, its silly for lots of peopr to be running around like headless chickens because the authors gone. Lets let the dust settle before we wipe our eyes. We all are good at certain aspects but for openbve to livr, odakufans post should be UNDERSTOOD and not ignored.

But each to their own.

mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Thu May 10, 2012 4:57 pm

Well, they can always talk about it. But please, let us know the outcome.
Should you want to email odakyufan, click his name on this forum and go to Contact -> Send email. It's the fastest option.
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chris [CT1660] Thu May 10, 2012 5:01 pm

mrknowitall wrote:
I personally think odakyufan will continue with anthony only, its silly for lots of peopr to be running around like headless chickens because the authors gone. Lets let the dust settle before we wipe our eyes. We all are good at certain aspects but for openbve to livr, odakufans post should be UNDERSTOOD and not ignored.

But each to their own.

Yeah. Let's just see what happens. Of course, if some devs are willing to help odakyufan, i guess we ought to give them a try to see if they have the potential. Of course, Odakyufan has the final word when it comes to development of OpenBVE.

Chris [CT1660]

Back to top Go down

Post by Dj Hammers Fri May 11, 2012 3:08 am

Yes for now it is just a matter of waiting for Odakyufan to make a decision on the future of OpenBVE.

It is hoped that he decides to keep the program development going, as there are several developers, some who have existing experience with OpenGL, C#, and C++, who are ready to assist with development. This can greatly accelerate the rate of development, and allow for the goals on michelle's roadmap to be reached much quicker.
As an Open-Source project, the public should be able to be involved in it's development.

So be patient everyone, everything will be worked out soon enough (hopefully).
Dj Hammers
Dj Hammers

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sun May 13, 2012 3:42 pm

And there is a name for what you are attempting to do, it is called "stalking" and it is neither permissible of acceptable.
If you stupid boys think anything is to be gained by invading Michelle's privacy then you are most mistaken. All you can possibly hope to achieve will be to annoy the lady and rather than obtain any advantage for yourself or the rest of us you will also get a well-deserved rebuke, in all probability. Leave matters be and get on and do something useful instead. It's not as if there's nothing to do and there's plenty of resources already at hand to do it with.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sun May 13, 2012 3:50 pm

Please respect the privacy of people, who apparently aren't even present on the board. Should you have the need to discuss names of other people, please do it privately.
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sun May 13, 2012 3:51 pm

graymac wrote:And there is a name for what you are attempting to do, it is called "stalking" and it is neither permissible of acceptable.
If you stupid boys think anything is to be gained by invading Michelle's privacy then you are most mistaken. All you can possibly hope to achieve will be to annoy the lady and rather than obtain any advantage for yourself or the rest of us you will also get a well-deserved rebuke, in all probability. Leave matters be and get on and do something useful instead. It's not as if there's nothing to do and there's plenty of resources already at hand to do it with.
Where's the "Thank you!"-button?
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sun May 13, 2012 3:53 pm

Quork wrote:[Where's the "Thank you!"-button?

It has been deactivated upon request made by a majority of users.
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyfjj Sun May 13, 2012 6:18 pm

pittiraghu wrote:it seems that Michelle's old gmail (Reschanger) which when was googled resulted in a name called Michelle ***********. (Is it her real name???) And indirect suspicious evidences from Google indicate that she might be from Europe.
Maybe removing the entire post is better? Blanking out the name while leaving the instructions there is not much difference, is it?

joeyfjj

http://joeyfoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dj Hammers Sun May 13, 2012 8:01 pm

I would suggest completely removing the post, as even with the remaining info it is very easy to find sensitive personal info.

Lets focus on the future of OpenBVE, not these petty and immature invasions of privacy.
Speaking of which, there is still no word from odakyufan.

In the mean time, near-full documentation, downloads, etc. is available from http://www.openbve.org
Dj Hammers
Dj Hammers

Back to top Go down

Post by BruceS Sun May 13, 2012 8:20 pm

Well, I'd just like to say sorry for that link I posted. At the time perhaps I wasn't thinking, I do realise what a bad thing it is now. I do realise now that that was a very immature thing todo.

I would also reccomend the forums rules be changed too, to include a note about privacy.

And now I shall perhaps keep off this topic and just read it.

(As a side note, if you bother to delete that other post not by me, please remove mine (the one I removed manually after you removed the link) and this one, thanks.)

BruceS

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sun May 13, 2012 9:25 pm

You aren't the only one so don't get too worried. It's what sometimes happens when things aren't thought through properly. I know nobody meant any harm deliberately and its stopped before any damage is done so thats fine.
The best thing anybody can do to keep things progressing and to provide for the future we all hope to see is to use what we have and get stuck in building. You can really give something back for the gift of the program if you do that.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian John Wit Mon May 14, 2012 10:22 am

I'mma extremely sorry Sad
Didn't realize I was violating someone's privacy.

Damian John Wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon May 14, 2012 10:28 am

Good, I guess we can continue this discussion then. I have a feeling that it is now Odakyufan, whose opinion / declaration we are waiting for...
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by Damian John Wit Mon May 14, 2012 10:43 am

Does Odakyufan oppose the idea of a fork created of OpenBVE?

Damian John Wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon May 14, 2012 10:57 am

pittiraghu wrote:Does Odakyufan oppose the idea of a fork created of OpenBVE?

I wouldn't say oppose, I'd rather say he is yet unsure whether and with whom to continue development...
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Mon May 14, 2012 11:01 am

I think the original idea was to try and avoid forks. Certainly unless there was a powerful argument in favour of them. Because of the uncertainty at the present it is possible that several different groups would go ahead and create forks, which might make problems for the future with incompatibility issues.
If Odakyufan was to offer advice on the matter it would be most helpful. I would hope those who would be capable and are considering producing different "flavours" of the program would wait a little longer and see if a unified approach is forthcoming.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon May 14, 2012 11:14 am

Definitely, we need one sim as good as possible, not 10 forks, each having a weakness somewhere, and all of the mutually incompatible... that would a bit of anarchy I guess...
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Mon May 14, 2012 4:48 pm

I personally think this is getting off track, read the name of the topic. Basically for those whom are struggling, "what next" Meaning whats the next step? We already know "odakyufan" is now in the dark with replies to a select few people on the board.

But calling each other names, as such is immature. We Should really get back on track. Maybe if "odakyufan" is not replying, lets think of what we, the developers would want, see if a group can actually do what they say and create a newer version, NOT a fork, but yet see if they can actually improve The simulator, That's after all, what we all want right?

The board wont be locked, if its sensitive its only because you, the users are making it that way. I have already deleted over 10 posts in this topic. And i will overlook the forum rules about privacy and send Derryck a few new lines see if he is OK with them then maybe the rules will be upgraded.

ANY FURTHER POSTS REGARDING PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT ON THIS FORUM THAT ARE IN ANY WAY DISRESPECTFUL, AND THE PERSON WHO HAS BEEN TARGETED CAN NOT DEFEND HIM/HERSELF WILL BE DELETED. AND THE USERS OF THE POST WARNED.
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon May 14, 2012 5:04 pm

Well, I have also deleted some... Very Happy
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next