BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IN A WORLD OF CO-OPERATION! ( split post )

+2
graymac
6 posters

Go down

IN A WORLD OF CO-OPERATION! ( split post ) Empty IN A WORLD OF CO-OPERATION! ( split post )

Post by 92220 Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:18 am

I think you've got a job to approach the standards of the bridge across the lake on the main line approaching Killavalley. That bridge makes you wish you could go there on holiday. I can't say that about any London bridges.

Back to top Go down

IN A WORLD OF CO-OPERATION! ( split post ) Empty Re: IN A WORLD OF CO-OPERATION! ( split post )

Post by graymac Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:13 am

That bridge makes you wish you could go there on holiday.

Thank you 92220, that's a great compliment. At the same time let's not confuse the real issue. The bve model of the London Bridge is well done. It isn't Stephen's problem that London is a god-awful $**te -hole and you don't like London. Neither do I. But, fair play to you Stephen, you have done a good bit of original work there, credit where it's due.

And before the London brigade get uppity, I'm equally sure that a lot of 'em wouldn't appreciate the joys of living in an Irish bog, any more than this bog man would want to return to London. Chalk and Cheese. Rural lines and Trains in Drains. BVE can span different worlds.

And yes, Ireland is a fine place for a holiday. Come over and spend yer money.

Last edited by graymac on Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Unashamed plug for Irish tourism)
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

IN A WORLD OF CO-OPERATION! ( split post ) Empty Re: IN A WORLD OF CO-OPERATION! ( split post )

Post by Dexter Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:21 pm

Is the post above Graymac Tours inviting us for holidays? Very Happy
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by 92220 Wed Jan 11, 2012 5:05 pm

And before the London brigade get uppity, I'm equally sure that a lot of 'em wouldn't appreciate the joys of living in an Irish bog,

Oi Guvnor, yer don't expec' me to go sarf of the river do ya? Cor blimey Guvnor, sarf of the river is well out of me manor, ennit?

ROFL Never, ever, ever, even think of asking a Londoner for directions. S.E. Asians students are the best bet cos they always have an A-Z in their handbag. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by joeyfjj Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:15 pm

92220 wrote:
And before the London brigade get uppity, I'm equally sure that a lot of 'em wouldn't appreciate the joys of living in an Irish bog,

Oi Guvnor, yer don't expec' me to go sarf of the river do ya? Cor blimey Guvnor, sarf of the river is well out of me manor, ennit?

ROFL Never, ever, ever, even think of asking a Londoner for directions. S.E. Asians students are the best bet cos they always have an A-Z in their handbag. lol!

Hi, I'm a student from Singapore, part of SEAsia. I don't have an A-Z in my bag though. We use Google Maps! Very Happy

joeyfjj

http://joeyfoo.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:29 pm

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 5:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by 92220 Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:36 pm

I knew somebody would say that. This was back in the days before Sat-Nav and as I worked for Alpine Electronics and therefore know about how some laugh very loudly about the Yanks claims to be World Leader in electronic technology (Their aim was to remain five years ahead of America but don't tell America) I've had Sat-Nav a long time.

But back in the day, I was married to a Kings Cross born and bred Londoner and we were going by train and tube to Finsbury Park to see Wishbone Ash. She said she knew the way. We ended up at Piccadilly Circus. We didn't remain married long. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Wed Jan 11, 2012 8:53 pm

I know where Wishbone Ash is, it's next to Old Oak Common. My satnav says so.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by 92220 Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:37 am

Wongie is right though. You can stop and ask directions in Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham, etc, without being hassled by a traffic warden, and the citizen gives you reasonable help, but in London "Dunno Guvnor! Dat ain't my manor".

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:05 am

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 5:44 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Post split. Enjoy)

Back to top Go down

Post by 92220 Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:51 pm

Yes, but at least they're not afraid to go south of the canal. lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:10 pm

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:33 pm

It's not so long ago, if you went in the wrong bit of Belfast you'd lose yer kneecaps (or worse). The clue was which colour flag was painted on the kerb stones.
Then again, there's bits of most cities - Manchester included - that are virtually "no-go areas".
Nobody minds going south of the canal, it's the ending up IN the canal that's unwelcome.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:56 pm

Last edited by lonelyinardwick on Wed May 13, 2020 5:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by viccylinefan Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:43 pm

And only come to Croydon if you've a sense of humor! Shocked Very Happy lol!

viccylinefan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:50 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:54 pm

and only come to Croydon if you've a sense of humor!
I passed through Wallington years ago. That's nearly as funny as Croydon.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by viccylinefan Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:02 pm

graymac wrote:
and only come to Croydon if you've a sense of humor!
I passed through Wallington years ago. That's nearly as funny as Croydon.
FYI, if ya went on Bus route 463 and that was late, its still the same now Very Happy

viccylinefan

Back to top Go down

Post by alex_farlie Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:49 pm

92220 wrote:Yes, but at least they're not afraid to go south of the canal. lol!

Don't you mean 'West' - Which becomes Dudley at some point I think... ?

alex_farlie

Back to top Go down

Post by 92220 Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:37 am

Redditch is south of the canal. You can tell if you drive the Birmingham X-City route Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down