BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Refurbished 1996 stock

5 posters

Go down

Refurbished 1996 stock  Empty Refurbished 1996 stock

Post by Ad1992 Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:27 am

I am going to say now how incredibly furious I am about this.

It is one thing to modify someone elses train for ones own personal use, it is another to promote it like it is something that has been made for someone elses route.

A lot of a time and effort went in to making the 1996 stock so I don't appreciate someone coming along, changing the colour and then promoting it as a new train to use with our route.

It is frankly just as disrespectful as UKTS.
Ad1992
Ad1992

http://bvewesternregion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Refurbished 1996 stock  Empty Re: Refurbished 1996 stock

Post by Quork Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:52 am

I'm not really well informed about neither real nor BVE trains for LU, it's really not that much my kind of thing. Could you please fill me in whether you're referring to something on this forum or something outside?
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:53 am

Quork wrote:I'm not really well informed about neither real nor BVE trains for LU, it's really not that much my kind of thing. Could you please fill me in whether you're referring to something on this forum or something outside?
 I am referring to this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3QhfM0sw_U
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:01 am

The video credits "BVE Western Region" with the original model and "Toby Train" with modifications... I only took a glance at your work given my little time for BVE and little interest in the LU (really sorry; I've still seen enough to be amazed by the level of detail in your work, especially in the field of train handling, it's just not my kind of railway), so I'm not 100% sure, but isn't it your original work?
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:25 am

Yes it is my original work, what pisses me off is how it has been promoted as this new train designed for my route.
That video also has comments about permission? What permission?! There hasn't been any permission requested at all!

It is things like these that just put me off developing.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Refurbished 1996 stock  Empty Deleted

Post by Movingmillion Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:41 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:22 pm

I was asking whether permission was given to you. I would have thought that they must have gotten permission from you to modify it, because otherwise I thought they would have kept it to themselves or not done it at all.

There's an old saying from the west country where I used to live for a time:
"You know what thought thought? He thought he'd p***ed himself, and then he found he had"

There is no evidence of rational thought, only stupidity where idiots (mostly of tender years) appropriate other peoples work and pass it off as their own. Ad1992 has been targeted often (too often) before, thanks to the quality and popularity of his work. And it isn't acceptable, certainly not by any dev on this forum. What makes it worse is when dedicated people such as Ad1992, who will do all they can to help and encourage others, are ignored when it comes to simple courtesy of a request before taking chunks of work and then regurgitaing it elsewhere as if it didn't matter.
I sincerely hope moderation/admin on here will see that no person who behaves so will be allowed to subscribe or remain on this platform.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:36 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:49 pm

Movingmillion wrote:I have zero relation to that project. I just commented on it saying that I presume those who made it got permission from the creators to make and/or release it. Over the past year since I found my interest in BVE again I have seen many people steal other people's work and claim it as their own. I tried to ask these people to give permission and they completely ignore the calls. I hate content stealing, and I would never do it. I must reiterate I had nothing to do with the creation of that and I hope people believe me.

He’s not wrong. It’s a common thing happening. We all have to be wary of this. I was once banned from a forum because I called someone out for stealing some of my old work as well as some of the exceptional work everyone here has created.

Side note: it’s very difficult to stop content leeches and stealers especially when they are everywhere. I’m now wondering whether developers may start encrypting their addons
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Sat Dec 08, 2018 2:15 pm

SP1900 wrote:
Movingmillion wrote:I have zero relation to that project. I just commented on it saying that I presume those who made it got permission from the creators to make and/or release it. Over the past year since I found my interest in BVE again I have seen many people steal other people's work and claim it as their own. I tried to ask these people to give permission and they completely ignore the calls. I hate content stealing, and I would never do it. I must reiterate I had nothing to do with the creation of that and I hope people believe me.

He’s not wrong. It’s a common thing happening. We all have to be wary of this. I was once banned from a forum because I called someone out for stealing some of my old work as well as some of the exceptional work everyone here has created.

Side note: it’s very difficult to stop content leeches and stealers especially when they are everywhere. I’m now wondering whether developers may start encrypting their addons

Quite right. I am not against mods of things because let's face it the simulator world is full of them.
But there is a difference between making a modification to someone elses train and someone saying, would it be possible to release this mod as it is still over more than half your train. And making a modification to it, being ignorant to the fact that someone else actually made it, and even creating a promotional video that comes across as some sort of official endorsed update.

I have thought about looking at ways of encrypting our stuff because I have noticed that some of my content, seems to magically end up on the likes of Roblox to name one program.
At the same time a part of me thinks.. Openbve is meant to be open and friendly and free.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:49 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 1:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:57 pm

Yes I noticed... I will have to try and do something about that for the next subsequent versions.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down