BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possibility of incorporating a translator into the forum

3 posters

Go down

Possibility of incorporating a translator into the forum Empty Possibility of incorporating a translator into the forum

Post by SP1900 Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:19 pm

As you probably all know, the BVE community spans across the globe and more and more paople are joining in the discussion and the development chain. But some people might not know English very well and/or may not be able to read and/or write in English either or very well. I was wondering if it were possible to incorporate a small google translate device into the forum, I’ve seen it on a few openBVE websites and it could help the community to accommodate the wider community maybe?
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Possibility of incorporating a translator into the forum Empty Re: Possibility of incorporating a translator into the forum

Post by Dexter Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:56 am

Personally I don't think this will help... Google Translator is a free tool, so for anyone wishing to contribute it is really easy to go ahead and in a matter of a click get the text translated into English. If a person is too lazy to do such an easy thing, I have serious doubts he/she will be willing to go through the hassle to create anything for the sim itself...
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Possibility of incorporating a translator into the forum Empty Re: Possibility of incorporating a translator into the forum

Post by Quork Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:22 am

Especially since automatic translators aren't good enough for technical texts. A better way would be to find forum members willing to translate for users not capable of writing in English. I'd volunteer for German, Polish, French and Norwegian. We also have forum members knowing Asian languages (I think I've stumbled on references to people knowing Japanese and Chinese and we have at least one Indonesian member), Hungarian, Russian... Maybe we can find enough volunteers?
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down