BR Class 360

Go down

BR Class 360

Post by SP1900 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:02 pm

With most of my projects being taken over by other developers due to my inexperience with the whole thing I decided to start working on something different

A few years ago I saw a teaser image of a class 360 on bve4trainz. However since that and pioneer trains closed I never saw another update. So I contacted Ben who did the class 350 and he gave me permission to work on the never released class 360. I used the released class 350 as a base. So far I’ve just done part of the Greater Anglia variant using textures from my own photos and google but since the 350 and 360 are very similar there hasnt been much to change. Anyway I’ve got a couple of screenshots of it. Let me know what you think. 
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Re: BR Class 360

Post by Quork on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:11 pm

You are aware the PrntScr key on the upper right of your keyboard is for making screenshots? ;-)
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 on Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:53 pm

there’s no such thing as Print Screen on a Mac, you gotta open an app like Grab to screenshot which takes a bit of time. Anyways, sorry for the bad quality I was in a hurry when I took these photos so yeah
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork on Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:07 pm

Oh my, that's... sad. Given how much I always get to hear about the userfriendliness of Apple products whenever I say anything critical, I would've never thought Laughing

Anyhow, I'm looking forward to your train!
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Greater Anglia Metro on Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:31 am

How to take a screenshot on your Mac
You can capture your entire screen or just a selected portion of it. The screenshot is automatically saved to your desktop.

How to take a screenshot of your entire screen

• Press Shift-Command (⌘)-3.
  • Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.

How to take a screenshot of a selected portion of your screen

• Press Shift-Command-4. The pointer changes to a crosshair.
  • Move the crosshair to where you want to start the screenshot, then drag to select an area.
    While dragging, you can hold Shift, Option, or Space bar to change the way the selection moves.

• When you've selected the area you want, release your mouse or trackpad button. To cancel, press the Esc (Escape) key before you release the button.

How to take a screenshot of a window

• Press the Space bar. The pointer changes to a camera.
  • Move the camera over a window to highlight it.
  • Click your mouse or trackpad. To cancel, press the Esc (Escape) key before you click.

This works with windows in the Finder and most apps.

How to take a screenshot of a menu

• Click the menu to reveal its contents.
  • Drag to select the menu.
  • Release your mouse or trackpad button. To cancel, press the Escape (esc) key before you release the button.

These steps capture the contents of a menu, but not its title:

• Click the menu to reveal its contents.
  • Press Shift-Command-4. The pointer changes to a crosshair.
  • Press the Space bar. The pointer changes to a camera.
  • Move the camera over the menu to highlight it.
  • Click your mouse or trackpad. To cancel, press the Esc (Escape) key before you click.

How to take a screenshot of the Touch Bar

If you have a Mac with a Touch Bar and macOS Sierra 10.12.2 or later:

• Press Shift-Command-6.
  • Find the screenshot as a .png file on your desktop.

You can also customize the Control Strip region of your Touch Bar to include a Screenshot button. Then tap the Screenshot button to see options for the type of screenshot and where to save it.

Learn more

• Screenshots are saved as .png files on the desktop in Mac OS X v10.6 and later. They're automatically named "Screen Shot date at time.png."
  • To save your screenshot to the Clipboard instead of your desktop, add Control to the key combinations above. For example, press Control-Shift-Command-3 instead of Shift-Command-3.
  • Open screenshots with Preview, Safari, and other apps that can edit or view images.
  • Some apps, such as DVD Player, might not let you take screenshots of their windows.

Admin's edit: Made the list commands working.
/Quork
Greater Anglia Metro

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 on Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:17 am

Greater Anglia Metro wrote:How to take a screenshot on your Mac
Well, I guess there’s more than one way of doing it but the next update pics will be properly screenshotted
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 on Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:16 pm

Got back to this   I took a photo of the train when I visited London a few months ago and use different it to create some better textures
Are you happy now that this is properly screenshotted?
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by ap1991 on Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:59 am

Looks really good, the windows need to be a bit taller though and the windows in the doors need to be a little shorter...
ap1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:09 pm

SP1900 wrote:Are you happy now that this is properly screenshotted?
Yes, we are!

Either way yes, there appears to be a small measurement error with the doors; they appear to be too high towards the roof.
Movingmillion

http://bvetube.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:38 pm

You guys are correct about the door thing. I have now changed it so that the window does not curve upwards. I believe that was why the windows looked a little short
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by fam622 on Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:27 pm

Will this be put into one .animated or .csv thing because the Class 350s (when playing it on the NWM (Network West Midlands) map) is recognised as a 12 car train. xD
fam622

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:18 am

fam622 wrote:Will this be put into one .animated or .csv thing because the Class 350s (when playing it on the NWM (Network West Midlands) map) is recognised as a 12 car train. xD
It is almost a complete refresh of the class 350. The exterior mesh and sounds will stay the same though it will be changed slightly to fit the class specifications. I did manage to get permission from the author of the train of I could revamp this model so that’s what I’ve done. All new textures were done by me from photos I have taken of the trains
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac on Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:48 am

Ben's 350, if I recall rightly, used a novel implementation at the time to represent "pivoting bogies". The drawback was each bogie registered as a "car", Current versions of the program make this unnecessary and if properly coded to current standard then the correct car count will result. It shouldn't be particularly difficult to implement.
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:34 pm

@graymac. You are right. A lot of the openBVE New York subway trains use this as well. The bogies then sway along with the train body which is not realistic. I’ve patched up the 360 using the new bogie command I recently came across. Works well so far maybe the class 350 will receive this patch also
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Movingmillion on Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:51 pm

Ah yes the standard swaying motion that I can remember seeing while playing openBVE. So there is an alternative to that then?
Movingmillion

http://bvetube.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum