How does track-based Option.ObjectVisibility work?

Go down

How does track-based Option.ObjectVisibility work?

Post by zbx1425 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:46 pm

I have tried several routes with Legacy object visibility mode, and without any doubt, the outcome was terrible when I turned the camera around. However when I changed the Option.ObjectVisibility property to 1(track-based), the problem seems to be gone! So is this option recommended for route developers? How does it work and when will it unload the previous objects? Also, is there a way that I can still get the objects displayed correctly while turning the camera around in the Legacy mode?

zbx1425

Back to top Go down

Re: How does track-based Option.ObjectVisibility work?

Post by leezer3 on Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:21 pm

Options.ObjectVisibility defines when objects are disposed of by the renderer.

0: This disposes of the object when the camera passes out of the block in which it is placed.
Unless you've changed it via Options.BlockLength, openBVE works in 25m blocks.
Consider a block starting at 100m.
This block ends at 125m.
With Options.ObjectVisibility in this mode, any object placed between 100m and 124.99m will disappear when the camera reaches 125m.

This mode is not recommended for new content, but must be kept to ensure backwards compatibility. (A lot of BVE2 / BVE4 stuff uses this as an animation trick)
There is no way to get objects visible when turning around the camera, sorry.

1: This disposes of the object when the camera's viewing distance no longer has the block in which it was placed in view.
Consider our block starting at 100m again.
With a viewing distance of 600m, objects placed in this block will disappear at 725m.

This mode is recommended for all new content.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by zbx1425 on Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:35 pm

leezer3 wrote:
0: This disposes of the object when the camera passes out of the block in which it is placed.
1: This disposes of the object when the camera's viewing distance no longer has the block in which it was placed in view。
Well, then that seems mode 1 is backward-compatible with mode 0 because it is just displaying more objects, not less! Why don't make mode 1 the default mode?
Or we have to consider the old routes which only have faces on one side?

zbx1425

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork on Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:16 pm

leezer3 wrote:This mode is not recommended for new content, but must be kept to ensure backwards compatibility. (A lot of BVE2 / BVE4 stuff uses this as an animation trick)
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum