BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Converting BVE2/4 routes to openBVE

3 posters

Go down

Converting BVE2/4 routes to openBVE  Empty Converting BVE2/4 routes to openBVE

Post by SP1900 Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:09 pm

There are loads of old BVE routes around and some don’t have a great compatibility with openBVE. 

For example, some objects will disappear when you change the camera angle in exterior view. It’s got nothing to do with the objects as I added an openBVE object to a BVE4 route and it met with the same outcome. I feel like it might have something to do with the BVE4 coding

So my question is this: is it possible to make BVE2/4 routes work properly in openBVE; no disappearing objects and ats problems. The code doesn’t seem that much different than that of an openBVE Route so what am I missing?
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Converting BVE2/4 routes to openBVE  Empty Re: Converting BVE2/4 routes to openBVE

Post by Quork Sat Jul 07, 2018 4:55 pm

It's described in the developer documentation. Off the top of my head: It has to do with how memory is managed. The route developer can have the program remove or keep objects after passing them. Generally the old routes are not for exterior view or changed view angles. Just stay in the cab and drive along ;-)
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Converting BVE2/4 routes to openBVE  Empty Re: Converting BVE2/4 routes to openBVE

Post by SP1900 Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:23 pm

Quork wrote:It's described in the developer documentation. Off the top of my head: It has to do with how memory is managed. The route developer can have the program remove or keep objects after passing them. 
Thanks Quork but I don’t really know how to change the options and to turn it off. It doesn’t really explain it too well in the developer documentation
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:21 pm

Code:
Options.ObjectVisibility 1

Insert this at the start of the route, and it'll stop the objects disappearing.
Bear in mind that some routes use this as an animation trick, hence why it's not on by default.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:38 pm

Thanks Chris

Everything works now
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down