BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't cancel AWS in order to drive any UK trains in OpenBVE

4 posters

Go down

Can't cancel AWS in order to drive any UK trains in OpenBVE Empty Can't cancel AWS in order to drive any UK trains in OpenBVE

Post by Orton Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:45 pm

When I  load a route with any UK train and press F then V,  I hear a loud continuous noise which I presume is the AWS warning. But pressing Insert doesn't cancel it. Neither does any other key.  So I can't start to drive any UK trains. I have however managed to drive some routes with non-UK trains.
Can anyone offfer a solution please? I have OpenBVE v1.5.3.1 and Windows 10.

Orton

Back to top Go down

Can't cancel AWS in order to drive any UK trains in OpenBVE Empty Re: Can't cancel AWS in order to drive any UK trains in OpenBVE

Post by SP1900 Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:07 pm

Go to Customize controls when you load up BVE. You may find that the key to turn it off may not be in a place you’re used to. You can change how you want your controls to be set up so you can access things easily
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Can't cancel AWS in order to drive any UK trains in OpenBVE Empty Re: Can't cancel AWS in order to drive any UK trains in OpenBVE

Post by Northern Line Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:37 pm

SP1900 wrote:Go to Customize controls when you load up BVE. You may find that the key to turn it off may not be in a place you’re used to. You can change how you want your controls to be set up so you can access things easily

The key category for that one may be under "SECURITY_A1" check that your 'Insert' Key is mapped to it. if it isn't then you can do so or if it still doesn't work, try mapping it to another key and then try it.
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Orton Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:39 am

Thanks SP1900 and Northern Line for the advice.
I mapped it to the +/= key and I was able to cancle AWS. But when I later tried restoring it to 'insert' it didn't work, so I reverted to +/= and spent a happy day driving. My only problem was that sometimes an alarm sounded and the brakes were applied despite not passing a signal or breaking a speed limit - I'll try to work that out.
Thanks again.

Orton

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:37 am

Orton wrote:Thanks SP1900 and Northern Line for the advice.
I mapped it to the +/= key and I was able to cancle AWS. But when I later tried restoring it to 'insert' it didn't work, so I reverted to +/= and spent a happy day driving. My only problem was that sometimes an alarm sounded and the brakes were applied despite not passing a signal or breaking a speed limit - I'll try to work that out.
Thanks again.

The alarm / braking in question sounds like the DSD. (Driver Supervision Device)

That will activate when the controls are untouched for a set period of time.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down