A small update

Go down

A small update

Post by Ad1992 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:30 pm

Well after doing some more testing it turns out the pac board is slightly longer than it should be.
This has now been corrected and even though the window of stopping will be slightly smaller than it is now, the green area of the board is a great deal more accurate and realistic. You can actually stop slightly before the exact dead centre and still get an accurate stopping light, just don't stop too soon or too early at ped stations or the train will be slightly crooked. Wink






As you can see the stopping now works a lot better.
I will release a small update to the demo soon, to boost the enjoyablity and playability.
avatar
Ad1992

Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-06-04

http://bvewr.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by SP1900 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:08 pm

That’s nice to hear. Will the train’s cosmetic appearance change in the update?
avatar
SP1900

Posts : 98
Join date : 2017-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by Ad1992 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Do you mean the new cab front? Yes that will be included.
avatar
Ad1992

Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-06-04

http://bvewr.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by SP1900 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:31 pm

Exactly what I meant. And any other special features too. That’s good I’m looking forward to it. One more thing. Do you plan to make a 3D cab? It may be a little more realistic as to have to move around the cab to reach screens and buttons and stuff
avatar
SP1900

Posts : 98
Join date : 2017-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by Ad1992 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:24 am

SP1900 wrote:Exactly what I meant. And any other special features too. That’s good I’m looking forward to it. One more thing. Do you plan to make a 3D cab? It may be a little more realistic as to have to move around the cab to reach screens and buttons and stuff

Not now not ever, 3D cabs are incapable of doing very much.
avatar
Ad1992

Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-06-04

http://bvewr.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by Movingmillion on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:29 am

Quick couple of questions again; (PS why does every route you make become progressivly more incredible?)
Any plans to do charing cross (either as a shunting movement or in passenger service)? Are you going to be working in conjunction with the BVELondon team or are you making everything from scratch (which is fine), any plans for a 1983 stock and what's the plan for the next full release of the route? Sorry if I am pestering you with questions.

Movingmillion

Posts : 41
Join date : 2013-04-13

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by Ad1992 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Movingmillion wrote:Quick couple of questions again; (PS why does every route you make become progressivly more incredible?)
Any plans to do charing cross (either as a shunting movement or in passenger service)? Are you going to be working in conjunction with the BVELondon team or are you making everything from scratch (which is fine), any plans for a 1983 stock and what's the plan for the next full release of the route? Sorry if I am pestering you with questions.

Thank you for the compliment.

All will be revealed in time.
avatar
Ad1992

Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-06-04

http://bvewr.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by Ad1992 on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:12 pm

There will also be a small fix included in the update which will now allow the pa to work after changing the destination code.

For example at present if you set the code for West Ham, it will say all change please at West Ham, and then not play any further station messages along the line; even if you change the destination to a correct one.
avatar
Ad1992

Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-06-04

http://bvewr.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by Drag0nflamez on Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:39 pm

This response might be a bit too late: but I think it looks absolutely marvelous. Also, was the screenshot made at Canary Wharf?

Drag0nflamez

Posts : 205
Join date : 2012-05-11
Location : The Netherlands

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by Ad1992 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:00 pm

Drag0nflamez wrote:This response might be a bit too late: but I think it looks absolutely marvelous. Also, was the screenshot made at Canary Wharf?

Yep.
avatar
Ad1992

Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-06-04

http://bvewr.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by Tube Check on Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:32 pm


So I've managed to stop dead center and I've noticed this pattern through out the rest of the peds, the double doors are in sync with there ped except for the single doors.

Tube Check

Posts : 9
Join date : 2018-01-26

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by Ad1992 on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:58 pm

Tube Check wrote:
So I've managed to stop dead center and I've noticed this pattern through out the rest of the peds, the double doors are in sync with there ped except for the single doors.

Well noticed. This is something which has still not yet been 100% fixed. However....





It has been improved since the demo release. Smile
avatar
Ad1992

Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-06-04

http://bvewr.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by openxrailbve on Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:13 pm



A leak in the files? Laughing
avatar
openxrailbve

Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-04-23

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by viccylinefan on Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:16 pm

Decided to come back to BVE after not being into it for ages. Tried all your demos and they are fab! The 96 stock sounds spot on, being my commuter train to work (also to North Greenwich).  Cool

Did said patch get released or is that still pending? I only downloaded it over the weekend so I may already have it...
avatar
viccylinefan

Posts : 196
Join date : 2011-07-17
Age : 19
Location : Oxfordshire, England

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by Ad1992 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:02 pm

viccylinefan wrote:Decided to come back to BVE after not being into it for ages. Tried all your demos and they are fab! The 96 stock sounds spot on, being my commuter train to work (also to North Greenwich).  Cool

Did said patch get released or is that still pending? I only downloaded it over the weekend so I may already have it...

Still pending.
avatar
Ad1992

Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-06-04

http://bvewr.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by SP1900 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:24 pm

Ad1992 wrote:
Smile

Still pending.
If it’s still pending. Then may I make a few suggestions you might consider?

The graphical stuff is good, no need for improvements since I assume you already have those in mind

The Controlling is a massive problem-I know you want to keep this simulation as realistic as possible but could it be possible to have a simplified version? For example, just need to set up the Destinations and just assign buttons for the announcements? In my opinion The route should be accessible for any train and not just for the 1996 stock and it’s really frustrating when the PEDs don’t open when I use another train with the route. 

If you could add compatibility with other trains like you did with the Central Line that seems like something to consider
avatar
SP1900

Posts : 98
Join date : 2017-12-08

Back to top Go down

Re: A small update

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum