Coming soon, in cab CCTV

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Coming soon, in cab CCTV

Post by openxrailbve on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:19 pm

[quote="SP1900"]One more question though, will there be ATO codes for the train in the future?
Regards
SP1900[/quote]

If you really want the closest thing to ATO I suggest you press CTRL+A, this allows A.I to take over the simulation. Although I wouldn't recommend it for this route because it's braking to position a train at a station is really bad causing you to overrun. But beside, enjoy manual that's been provided. I'm still surprised you can actually switch off the train and that TBC locks when you arrive at station so when you forget to twist, you won't move which catches me off guard. What a great time to play BVE.
openxrailbve

Back to top Go down

Post by openxrailbve on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:26 pm

I also have a question, while I was playing the route I've noticed there wasn't any other trains on the route. So I ask, in the future release, will you including other trains on the route and will it be dynamic, similar to the one on Central Line or static like the previous Jubilee Line routes? (Stanmore branch)
openxrailbve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 on Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:50 pm

openxrailbve wrote:I also have a question, while I was playing the route I've noticed there wasn't any other trains on the route. So I ask, in the future release, will you including other trains on the route and will it be dynamic, similar to the one on Central Line or static like the previous Jubilee Line routes? (Stanmore branch)
Yes that is definately going to be in the next version. As this was just a demo I left it out.
Ad1992

http://bvewr.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by dgeddes on Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:13 pm

Ad1992 wrote:
openxrailbve wrote:I also have a question, while I was playing the route I've noticed there wasn't any other trains on the route. So I ask, in the future release, will you including other trains on the route and will it be dynamic, similar to the one on Central Line or static like the previous Jubilee Line routes? (Stanmore branch)
Yes that is definately going to be in the next version. As this was just a demo I left it out.
In addition to this, it would be really good to see the back rear lights of the train in front disappearing at times, just like you get in the Northern Line for OpenBve..
Now, I know a lot of people have been whinging about how the demo hasn't got ATO, but they in a way, all have a point. May I simply ask why the route/train wasn't set in the current day? I know it's interesting to drive in manual, but I have found that the stopping accuracy at North Greenwich is absolutely critical (almost in a way too hard to stop accurately every time). Furthermore, it means that we have to approach the platform so slowly and cautiously to stop in the right place, which is going to reduce the line's capacity. So I have to ask, is there any way we could see the introduction of some kind of ATO in the future as everyone I know, is finding it excruciatingly hard to stop accurately enough especially at a PED station.
Look, I'm not saying I don't like the route, the graphics are excellent and I can see that lot of work has gone into it. But we do need something to aid us to stop accurately...
dgeddes

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:44 pm

dgeddes wrote:
Ad1992 wrote:
In addition to this, it would be really good to see the back rear lights of the train in front disappearing at times, just like you get in the Northern Line for OpenBve..
Now, I know a lot of people have been whinging about how the demo hasn't got ATO, but they in a way, all have a point. May I simply ask why the route/train wasn't set in the current day? I know it's interesting to drive in manual, but I have found that the stopping accuracy at North Greenwich is absolutely critical (almost in a way too hard to stop accurately every time). Furthermore, it means that we have to approach the platform so slowly and cautiously to stop in the right place, which is going to reduce the line's capacity. So I have to ask, is there any way we could see the introduction of some kind of ATO in the future as everyone I know, is finding it excruciatingly hard to stop accurately enough especially at a PED station.
Look, I'm not saying I don't like the route, the graphics are excellent and I can see that lot of work has gone into it. But we do need something to aid us to stop accurately...

The stopping tolerance will be modified in the next version, I myself am not happy with it at present.
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by dgeddes on Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:00 pm

So when can we expect the next release? And how far will the line go? Will this be eventually the entire line? Because that would be just brilliant!
dgeddes

Back to top Go down

Post by Tube Check on Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:31 pm

I agree, the stopping accuracy is difficult at North Greenwich, sometimes I have the platform edge doors and the accurate stop lit, but I'm still not in line with the doors until I switch to P1 for a nano-second until I'm in line. Apart from that rest of the stations stopping accuracy is great, the stopping markers actually help.

Tube Check

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 on Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Tube Check wrote:I agree, the stopping accuracy is difficult at North Greenwich, sometimes I have the platform edge doors and the accurate stop lit, but I'm still not in line with the doors until I switch to P1 for a nano-second until I'm in line. Apart from that rest of the stations stopping accuracy is great, the stopping markers actually help.

That is the general idea of the marker boards. Very Happy

As I said above we are going to tweak the stopping slightly, it won't be much leeway as that wouldn't be realistic or in line with the peds for that matter. We were actually running some tests today with it.
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Tube Check on Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:47 am

I like the fact that people were whinging about how ATO is not available but yet people forgot about the seventh car. 
lol!

Tube Check

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:28 am

Tube Check wrote:I like the fact that people were whinging about how ATO is not available but yet people forgot about the seventh car. 
lol!
The route’s set in 1999, the seventh car was only added in 2005”
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:03 pm

Tube Check wrote:I like the fact that people were whinging about how ATO is not available but yet people forgot about the seventh car. 
lol!
Sshhh! Don't encourage them. Wink
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:02 pm

I think Moderators can lock this thread now since it has veered off course from the original discussion.
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 on Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:50 pm

Locked at OP's request.

Drop one of the team a message if you have anything to ad or need the topic unlocked.

Thanks.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum