BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Request for a good ATO implementation

4 posters

Go down

Request for a good ATO implementation Empty Request for a good ATO implementation

Post by zbx1425 Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:01 am

I have been trying to add a ATO to my train, but because of my poor programming it behaves very coarse. It performs brake and power roughly and frequently, it decreases speed in steps, and it need to slide at a low speed for a few meters to align to the stop marker, and always need to accelerate again or even reverse to get to the correct stop...... I really need a smooth ATO plugin implementation(such as that from Tama Monorail which is great).
zbx1425
zbx1425

https://www.zbx1425.cn

Back to top Go down

Request for a good ATO implementation Empty Re: Request for a good ATO implementation

Post by zbx1425 Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:09 am

But that one is designed for BVETs5 and is a Win32 DLL so I can'r decompile it. I really want an open source one or at least a .NET assembly implementation.
zbx1425
zbx1425

Back to top Go down

Request for a good ATO implementation Empty Re: Request for a good ATO implementation

Post by Glory! koshikii Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:48 pm

From what I'm understanding, odakyufanats should suit your needs... I'm currently maintaning and studying it, so if you have any questions, you can get to me.

For ATO, you got to implement ATC and TASC much like ATO use-cases in Japan. ATC provides the speed limits and proper braking, TASC provides stopping at stations and ATO provides the power.

Documentation is out-of-date but not too much and it can be found on Archive.org 2014 and eariler, but ATC documentation has never been archived. You can use odakyufan's Chashinai Railway Misaki Line as a really complex example (found on BrnoBVE under hosted routes) but you can get away with the default, BVE2 ATC.

Odakyufanats 0.9.73 (I think?) has been recreated into leezer3's omnipotent BVEC_ATS.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Glory! koshikii

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:49 pm

The complete set of documentation for OdakyfanATS attached, which should include the ATC stuff Smile

BVEC_ATS started as a fork of OdakyfanATS, so anything described in this documentation (should!) also apply there.
https://github.com/leezer3/bvec_ats

No idea which version I started off with though.....
The code has been re-done various times though, so internally it's somewhat different, a lot closer to UKTrainSys than anything else.

Edit:
I *believe* BVE5 plugins will probably work with openBVE. I can't see any difference in the ATS specs that Mackoy has posted on the BVE5 developer docs to those originally supported by BVE4.
Attachments
Request for a good ATO implementation Attachment
Docs.zip You don't have permission to download attachments.(207 Kb) Downloaded 13 times

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Delsin Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:38 pm

The best ATO plugin I've seen (except the Ad1992's WestinghouseATP for 1992 tube stock since it's very train-specific) is Unicorn's TASCplugin. Its website is gone (try using archive.org on tascplug.in for documentation), but it still can be found in this train. It's been made to reproduce Tokyo Metro ATO and TASC and includes ATC, but requires beacon placement on the route you want to use your train on.
What train are you modelling? If it's something Japanese, this plugin will fit nicely.
Delsin
Delsin

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory! koshikii Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:19 pm

leezer3 wrote:The complete set of documentation for OdakyfanATS attached, which should include the ATC stuff Smile
Oh my braking handle, leezer3, you are the man, man. You've just saved me from trying to interpret "magic letters" on the ATC config, that's amazing it still exists. Thank you, man.

leezer3 wrote:I *believe* BVE5 plugins will probably work with openBVE. I can't see any difference in the ATS specs that Mackoy has posted on the BVE5 developer docs to those originally supported by BVE4.
I can't see why it wouldn't be compatible... I just skimmed over the dev docs and I the only difference I see is the green CSS vs the teal one, nothing else spec wise... In fact, it recommends using Visual C++ and the sample ATS is dated 31st January 2005! Very Happy

But Mackoy's been hinting native driver-only wanman (one-man) operation support for some time now, so I can see the day he expands the spec.

Glory! koshikii

Back to top Go down

Post by zbx1425 Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:11 pm

Glory! koshikii wrote:From what I'm understanding, odakyufanats should suit your needs... I'm currently maintaning and studying it, so if you have any questions, you can get to me.

For ATO, you got to implement ATC and TASC much like ATO use-cases in Japan. ATC provides the speed limits and proper braking, TASC provides stopping at stations and ATO provides the power.

Documentation is out-of-date but not too much and it can be found on Archive.org 2014 and eariler, but ATC documentation has never been archived. You can use odakyufan's Chashinai Railway Misaki Line as a really complex example (found on BrnoBVE under hosted routes) but you can get away with the default, BVE2 ATC.

Odakyufanats 0.9.73 (I think?) has been recreated into leezer3's omnipotent BVEC_ATS.

Hope this helps and good luck!

I'm programming a Chinese train with Siemens ATC System (the meaning of ATC in chinese railway is different from that Japan security system. It's a three-in-on combination of ATP[Automatic Train Protection], ATO[Automatic Train Operation] and ATS[Automatic Train Supervision]). It supports Communication Based and Point Based train control and provides linear speed limit and target distance display. So it's a bit different... I think some small changes would be okay. Thank you for your help.
zbx1425
zbx1425

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down