BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Deleted

+6
cobolt5
openxrailbve
Greater Anglia Metro
Dexter
Neil
Northern Line
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Deleted Empty Deleted

Post by Movingmillion Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:32 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty Re: Deleted

Post by Northern Line Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:51 pm

Only time will tell, the developer of the route will post an update when he's ready I'm sure.

Regards,
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:13 am

Thank you for your interest.

Yes the Central line will be continued somepoint soon, there is actually a new demo of a different bve route nearing completion and will be released soon. Thanks to some huge improvements to Openbve, this new route will feature some new ideas, and these in turn will be implemented in to the Central in the next version.

The Central line as it stands is only a demo, so the 1992 stock will be finished and enhanced, and the route obviously extended.

Seeing is believing, so just to prove it here are some screenshots of a test experimental run.

Deleted Pic11
As you can see a red aspect, holding the train before North Acton.

Deleted Pic211
A train ahead being held in North Acton..

with a defective train to the right.
Deleted Pic311

A white aspect warning of a train ahead.
Deleted Pic411

A train in White City sidings having terminated.
Deleted Pic511

Another train in White city middle platform also terminated.
Deleted Pic611

Hopefully I will have an announcement to make in the next month or so about the new route. Watch this space. Smile
Ad1992
Ad1992

http://bvewesternregion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Neil Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:33 am

Fantastic to see developments are still being made behind the scenes.
Neil
Neil

http://neilsrandomstuff.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:03 am

They are, but they sometimes take much longer than everyone would want...
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Post by Greater Anglia Metro Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:23 am

For the above reason, I have elected to refrain from updates myself to avoid getting peoples hopes up.

I have not worked on my route since January personally, but I have some 11 hour flights coming up that might see some development happen Wink
Greater Anglia Metro
Greater Anglia Metro

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty Deleted

Post by Movingmillion Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:04 pm

Well the ato/atp will be finished, the cab will be finished/enhanced, the dva system will actually have internchangable destinations, and of course the route will be extended to leytonstone and beyond. But Leytonstone is at least the next phase.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty Deleted

Post by Movingmillion Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:34 am

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:03 pm

Do you plan to do Ongar at some stage?
Maybe, as a 1992 stock did visit Ongar.
and do you plan on making the route reversible/a reverse version of the route?
Absolutely, it is my intention to do both directions to give the route more replay value.
Any fictional route plans?
Fictional lu routes? no not really.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Deleted Empty Deleted

Post by Movingmillion Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:48 am

Deleted

Last edited by Movingmillion on Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:52 am; edited 1 time in total

Movingmillion

Back to top Go down

Post by openxrailbve Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:41 pm

I know it's been a while since the last post but what happened to the central line updates that were shown, it looked really good.
openxrailbve
openxrailbve

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Sun Jan 28, 2018 7:41 pm

openxrailbve wrote:I know it's been a while since the last post but what happened to the central line updates that were shown, it looked really good.

And you should also know that developers don't like being asked lol.
It is on hold for the time being but it is far from dead I promise. Wink
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Sun Jan 28, 2018 8:24 pm

Whatever you do Ad please put the subsurface lines on your list. I’ve got a pretty good D stock coming along and it would look pretty nice with your routes
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:26 pm

SP1900 wrote:Whatever you do Ad please put the subsurface lines on your list. I’ve got a pretty good D stock coming along and it would look pretty nice with your routes
What makes you think I have a list?
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by openxrailbve Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:14 pm

[quote="Ad1992"][quote="openxrailbve"]I know it's been a while since the last post but what happened to the central line updates that were shown, it looked really good.[/quote]

And you should also know that developers don't like being asked lol.
It is on hold for the time being but it is far from dead I promise. ;)[/quote]
Understood 8)
openxrailbve
openxrailbve

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Mon Jan 29, 2018 5:36 pm

Ad1992 wrote:
SP1900 wrote:Whatever you do Ad please put the subsurface lines on your list. I’ve got a pretty good D stock coming along and it would look pretty nice with your routes
What makes you think I have a list?
You seem to have a very organised way of how you’re gonna do the London Underground Lines. That’s why I think you’ve got some sort of scheme of doing things. I could never do what you’re doing with the organisation of everything. It’s always exciting to find out what you’ve got in store for us
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by cobolt5 Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:40 pm

Hi Ad1992,

Thank you for the central line, I've spent countless hours playing in ATO and CM!

Also just played the fantastic jubilee line. Do you have plans to add a similar TMS/DTS functionality to your 92 in OpenBve?

Thanks

cobolt5

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:24 pm

cobolt5 wrote:Hi Ad1992,

Thank you for the central line, I've spent countless hours playing in ATO and CM!

Also just played the fantastic jubilee line. Do you have plans to add a similar TMS/DTS functionality to your 92 in OpenBve?

Thank you. Smile
I am glad you are enjoying it.

Yes the next version of the 92 stock will have something similar, in fact we were talking about it today.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:29 pm

Ad1992 wrote:

Thank you. Smile

Yes the next version of the 92 stock will have something similar, in fact we were talking about it today.
And while you’re at it you could make the similar cosmetic modifications like the ones you did to the 1996 stock. I.e. faces slopes outward, maybe some of the rubber triangle things in between cars if you plan to do the refurbished version and maybe come 3D couplers. Anyway good luck with everything
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by Tube Check Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:03 pm

I also enjoy playing on the Central Line, also the Waterloo & City line is fantastic. The fact you play the route reversed without exiting BVE and reload another route is really great Also the multiple scenarios it great such as peak times. 

I only now started to experience the ATO feature because I had a poor laptop which lead to some poor quality videos of mine. But that's all for another form.

Excellent work Ad and I can't wait to get to Stratford Station on the Central, have a nice one. I hope you do a night route too but that's just me being greedy Smile

Tube Check

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:28 pm

SP1900 wrote:
Ad1992 wrote:

Thank you. Smile

And while you’re at it you could make the similar cosmetic modifications like the ones you did to the 1996 stock. I.e. faces slopes outward, maybe some of the rubber triangle things in between cars if you plan to do the refurbished version and maybe come 3D couplers. Anyway good luck with everything

Yes I plan on curving the 92 the same way as the 96.
the current 1992 stock is actually slightly outdated now as it is, I did put the same 3d doorframes that I made for the 482 in to the 1992 stock. Maybe I will release it as a small update.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:30 pm

Tube Check wrote:I also enjoy playing on the Central Line, also the Waterloo & City line is fantastic. The fact you play the route reversed without exiting BVE and reload another route is really great Also the multiple scenarios it great such as peak times. 

I only now started to experience the ATO feature because I had a poor laptop which lead to some poor quality videos of mine. But that's all for another form.

Excellent work Ad and I can't wait to get to Stratford Station on the Central, have a nice one. I hope you do a night route too but that's just me being greedy Smile

I plan to do a night version for both routes. The Central line will have one when it is next extended. There has been some experimentation with the lighting, and even a night time backdrop of London. Smile
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by cobolt5 Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:28 pm

This all sounds terrific!

Regarding the central ATP I had a little play with adding a previous train and it makes for interesting code changes! Approaching a 0 target speed though the ATP makes you crawl very slowly up to it. Is this per real life or is the ATP still a WIP?

I've also been playing the old Ruislip to Perivale route. Not knowing anything about the copyright and different devs etc, wouldn't it be great to add your excellent atp/ato and for a dev to build a small infill section between PER and NOA to give virtually the whole of the Ruislip branch?! 

Perhaps that's me getting carried away though!

cobolt5

Back to top Go down

Post by Ad1992 Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:18 pm

cobolt5 wrote:This all sounds terrific!

Regarding the central ATP I had a little play with adding a previous train and it makes for interesting code changes! Approaching a 0 target speed though the ATP makes you crawl very slowly up to it. Is this per real life or is the ATP still a WIP?

I've also been playing the old Ruislip to Perivale route. Not knowing anything about the copyright and different devs etc, wouldn't it be great to add your excellent atp/ato and for a dev to build a small infill section between PER and NOA to give virtually the whole of the Ruislip branch?! 

Perhaps that's me getting carried away though!

The ATP is pretty much like the real one, so yes the real train can crawl up to a signal. It is currently missing the MSS (maximum safe speed) this will be added in to the next version.
Also in real life you can approach a block marker and have a few seconds to reduce to the target speed before getting an overspeed warning. At the moment in some parts of the route it will give you an overspeed alarm prematurely. This again will be fixed in the next version.

One thing you will find that happens as well, is with a train ahead you will keep getting white aspects as per real life again, and constant chime ups and chime downs.
I didn't mention it before but in the test route that was made we actually made a working station skip. You open the doors and get a sonya message of the train not stopping at the next station, and then the train will declerate to 20kph and slowly motor through before returning to full line speed again. Once again this will be in the next version.
Ad1992
Ad1992

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next