BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OpenBVE 1.5 on mac

4 posters

Go down

solved OpenBVE 1.5 on mac

Post by Richard2407 Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:31 pm

Hi everyone. I have been using OpenBVE on and off for a few years now and it just gets better and better.

However I have come unstuck with 1.5 RC9 the version for mac.

I have a Macbook pro retina and I know it runs OpenBVE just fine.

Previously I have run the programme by opening the terminal writing mono and then dragging the .exe over to the terminal.
I have downloaded the 1.5 version from openbve-project site accessed via celtictrainsim.
It extracts ok and I drag the extracted programme to my applications folder. OK

Now this is where I fall down. I have not been able to work out exactly how to run the programme. I have had it running but in a very random and haphazard manner, I just kept pressing buttons until it started. ( and very good to is too. )
However when I go back to the programme after shutting down nothing will induce it to run again.

Mono is installed. The right one, don't know but it is 4.6 service release 2

Help appreciated

Regards

Richard

Richard2407

Back to top Go down

solved Re: OpenBVE 1.5 on mac

Post by Richard2407 Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:18 pm

OK I have found the answer. It now loads up in the blink of an eye.

It's all about pressing the right buttons.................

Regards

Richard

Richard2407

Back to top Go down

Post by MrRossnow Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:00 am

hi guys I have been using Openbve on my mac for about 5 years now, However now when i try to play some routes it loads up then i get a crash report. I had work done on my laptop and had to backup Openbve to my external hard. After copying it back to my desktop some of the routes wont load it just crashes and some that do usualy crash after a few stops. The error report says that mono sgen64 had quit but i have NO IDEA what to do any help or suggestions would be extremely helpful thanks in advance!

MrRossnow

Back to top Go down

Post by SP1900 Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:32 pm

MrRossnow wrote:hi guys I have been using Openbve on my mac for about 5 years now, However now when i try to play some routes it loads up then i get a crash report. I had work done on my laptop and had to backup Openbve to my external hard. After copying it back to my desktop some of the routes wont load it just crashes and some that do usualy crash after a few stops. The error report says that mono sgen64 had quit but i have NO IDEA what to do any help or suggestions would be extremely helpful thanks in advance!
I’m a Mac user also. I often get that happening to me as well. I would recommend two things. Check if you have the latest version of mono installed and experiment with different versions of openBVE. I mainly use 1.5.2.1 but different versions work for different people So just experiment a bit
SP1900
SP1900

Back to top Go down

Post by leezer3 Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:07 pm

A sgen64 error tells us that something has gone drastically wrong inside Mono.

I'm not really in a position to debug this hard, but if you can get me the full error report / stacktrace and a few example routefiles that give you relatively consistent trouble, I can certainly look into this, and pass on the bug upstream if appropriate.

The openTK version has been bumped for the next release, but looking back at the commit log, there aren't really any Mac related bits in there, just some more general fixes.

leezer3

http://www.bvecornwall.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down