BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Animated files coding

3 posters

Go down

Animated files coding Empty Animated files coding

Post by devilreborn Tue May 20, 2014 4:06 pm

Does anybody know if it is possible to add user-defined variables to .animated files?
devilreborn
devilreborn

Back to top Go down

Animated files coding Empty Re: Animated files coding

Post by graymac Tue May 20, 2014 4:44 pm

I've edited the numeric values in some examples. For instance with distance specific items like crossing gates and train doors etc.
If you have a thorough understanding of boolean algebra and programming in C# I have no doubt you could do a great many things to .animated files. I don't possess that knowledge myself.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by alex_farlie Tue May 20, 2014 6:19 pm

devilreborn wrote:Does anybody know if it is possible to add user-defined variables to .animated files?

If you know what you are doing you can respond to things in ATS channels, but I don't think you can do user defined variables as such.

A feature enhancement that was being considered before development halted was to have an extended plugin architecture that allowed for named 'channels' between plugins and the rest of the engine.  It's not in the current implementation of the engine.

If you know C#. it would be theoretically possible to add 'user-defined' variables/channels to animate dobjects, but the engine would not then be OpenBVE.

alex_farlie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down