BVE WorldWide
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important news

+6
phileakins
mrknowitall
JimH
Quork
graymac
Dexter
10 posters

Go down

Important news Empty Important news

Post by Dexter Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:02 am

(entry can also be found at brnobve blog)
(er, not exactly what I would say to a random dude in a pub, but anyway...)

Right guys,
this moment is a bit special for me, and I am not quite sure where to start. As I have mentioned in my previous blog entry, changes are a part of our lives. Despite that, though, there are some changes, which are hard to carry out. I can imagine you have probably lived through some of them as well. As you can tell by the title, I will be leaving my home city, Brno. Hence my lower activity on the BVE scene.
I have spent here 28 and half year of my life, so I got sort of used to the place and it will be a bit odd to just pack my things and go away. But there is a new place waiting for us, which me and my wife have been building for the past few months. It does cost a lot of effort and funds to build a new home for your family; and as any other normal (that stands for not winning a lottery or not stealing anything) family, we had to take a loan for it. It is a bit worrying, but there is not much else you can do if you want to have a reasonable place to live I guess…
So, that is one big news revealed. In fact, we are not moving far away from Brno and we might still visit the city quite often, since I have family here, but I sometimes feel like preferring loneliness and calmness instead, for which the new place will be just about ideal. Not for long though, because the other news is that there is a child coming our way in September. Important news Icon_smileWe do not know the gender yet, but we are both looking forward to have him / her. Important news Icon_smileSpeaking for myself, I am very well aware this is probably going to be the toughest challenge in my life so far, but I feel ready to accept this challenge.
A quick heads up – I will be moving on Saturday on Sunday, so I might be without a proper Internet connection for a while. I beg your patience with this respective matter. I have already selected a new Internet provider, but I cannot really tell when they will come to my place and install the service.

A side note.
None of the above has been purchased from donations.   albino  albino 

Last edited by Dexter on Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:08 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling correction by TWR (The White Rabbit))
Dexter
Dexter

http://www.brnobve.eu

Back to top Go down

Important news Empty Re: Important news

Post by graymac Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:22 am

None of the above has been purchased from donations.   Important news Icon_albino  Important news Icon_albino

Well, how disappointing, we thought you were moving to a tax haven from donations, Liechtenstein or Bermuda??  lol! 

Good luck to yourself and the family in your new home, I hope the internet outside the big towns in CZ  Rep isn't as poor as in IE Rep. I can barely use mobile only 12km from the county town here.
graymac
graymac

http://www.celtictrainsim.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:19 pm

Well, making the kid by yourself is more fun than buying it anyway  Twisted Evil 

Congrats and we're all crossing our fingers for the two of you!

On a sidenote: Will it still be brnobve or do you need a new domain? =D
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by JimH Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:38 am

Congratulations or, as they say round here, félicitations. All the best for the future.

Jim

JimH

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:46 am

Thank you all! 

The D-day has come today and I am all over the place. Not sure where I put this or that, it will be fun unpacking all those boxes and find out what they hide (even if they are labelled  albino ). Right, going to pack my PC now, so see you on Monday (or tomorrow, if we manage to unpack all the things quickly). I hope the mods will take care of the place (well, it has been rather nice and peaceful lately), and the established members of the community will help them out with keeping the place tidy if needed.

To asnwer your question, Quork... I think the domain can stay the same, I am moving just about 20 km away from Brno. Moreover, nobody wants to bookmark a new address every year, right?  Smile 

See you!
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:24 pm

Congratulations on the announcement of your future son/daughter, Might be a time when you hand the reins over to Northern Line once the little one arrives.

Hope the move goes well.

Regards.
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:05 am

Thank you, Ben.

I am not entirely sure what you are suggesting with the "reins handover" upon my kid's arrival, but I am more than sure the staff team does not and will not require any changes in the close future. Everything seems to be working well and over the years, this place has become a place I like returning to. If that is the case for some more of you, guys, then I have achieved my goal (at least partly Smile ). The time might move on and flow by as a river, but as long as a thing has a rock solid basis, it's not going to be washed away.
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by phileakins Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:50 am

Hi Dexter

I hope that your move went smoothly and all the boxes went to the right places. We had a big box clearly marked 'kitchen' which ended up in the attic ...  Crying or Very sad 

One you've settled in, if you'll take an old codgers advice, get all the sleep you can. I'll be in very short supply once the offspring has arrived.  Laughing  Been there, done that, still catching up!

All the best.

Phil

PS I sincerely hope that you don't move on.

phileakins

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:30 pm

I guess Ben meant that we'll see Northern Line doing all that day-to-day work with the boards for some months.

Moves are a major dolor in anem... I hate them, and I'm basically a single with belongings fitting into one single van...
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:16 pm

Yeah I meant when your lad/lass arrives you will soon notice all your time will be focus on him/her, and any free time will be recovering for the next day/feed/preperation Smile
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:07 am

Looks like it is a girl! Smile 
Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by mrknowitall Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:48 am

Congrats dexter!
mrknowitall
mrknowitall

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Sat Mar 29, 2014 2:05 pm

Great news =)
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by Northern Line Sat Mar 29, 2014 7:36 pm

Glad for you mate Very Happy
Northern Line
Northern Line

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:06 pm

lol!  Happy  Positive Congrats!!!
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:34 pm

Congragulations!  cheers

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dexter Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:22 am

Thank you very much, guys, trust me, all these kinds words are highly appreciated. The following is being a bit personal, but we are in the off topic chat anyway, so I think it might not bother anyone. Just don't read it if you are not interested. Simple, Smile

Today, I have seen one TV series, which has turned out to come up with a very sad ending, which made me think about life. Strangely enough; the people in my surroundings have been fantastic with their support, expressing empathy towards us having a baby, but I still have depressions, which is absolutely shocking. I mean, where do these depressions come from, what is wrong?

Coming back to the original thought - the series I was watching was How I met your mother. Imagine the main character spent like 9 years looking for the right person to spend life with and when, in the last episode, it was finally told he has found "the one", like 20 minutes later it was also mentioned she got ill and died a some years later. Now what the actual fuck? I know, it is just reflecting the real life, but isn't there enough real disasters, breakups and deaths?

Maybe it is some kind of insecurity creeping into my mind - as shown on the TV, you never know what might happen in the next hour, week, not even talking about years. And there I was sitting on a couch today, with my hand on my wife's belly (we can already feel the movement of our daughter) and realizing what sort of world the baby has to come into. Many people have turned into duds, just looking for their own profit - they will do literally anything for their own good. A couple of eluted or maybe drunk brains are stomping each other's mud pies. And there's more happening, but should I name it, I would probably spend a couple of days doing that.

No, I am not being paranoid, I know there still are good people in this world, even if they are getting hard to find. And if the search for good people and friends was difficult for me, it will probably be even more difficult for our daughter.

Maybe this is something that is frightening me along with the insecurity of tomorrow... as a parent, I will need to become more responsible, watch my behavior much more, since the baby / kid is going to copy me... and the most difficult part in this world is rising the kid to a honest person. May we both be good enough to do this. And may it never happen what happened in that stupid series that has pretty much ruined my day.

Dexter
Dexter

Back to top Go down

Post by graymac Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:50 pm

What you are experiencing is quite normal. It is a huge change to adjust to becoming a parent. It is an awesome responsibility whether it was planned or not, as the realisation of the reality of the event unfolds.

Obviously you have fears an anxieties about the world a defenceless child is coming in to. Its far from a perfect world. Even so, the majority of people born today have as good a chance as any generation of living a reasonably long life, at least compared to the past when wars, plagues famines and similar regular features were more common than today.

I'm sure you and your partner will set your child a good example to follow, and raise the child in a caring and loving household. That's the best anyone can do. Never forget, life isn't based on what's on TV. Dramatists need to make life look more fucked up than it usually is, that's how they earn their living. For most of us it isn't nearly as eventful as in the movies/TV!  Look to spend less time using instant media and TV. I don't have TV but I spend far too much time getting my world view from the web, I need to get out more - maybe we all do.
graymac
graymac

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:47 pm

graymac wrote:a defenceless child
*defenseless*

Oh wait, you're British Irish.  tongue  Never mind.
 lol!

Last edited by buckysam on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Post by Quork Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:15 pm

IDK if calling an irishman british is that wise Twisted Evil

Dex - I think you should see it the other way round: It is the two of you who will make the difference for the little one. And with you raising the kid to your best knowledge and with good will of heart, it is her who once will make a difference, for you, for her community, maybe even for the whole world.

It's easy to get pessimistic, watching what's going on in the world. But remember already the Romans thought everything is going downhill - and yet, never were chances so high to reach high age, never were chances so high to not get a sword, axe or similar in your head.
Quork
Quork

Back to top Go down

Post by spara Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Congratulations. I wish you and your wife the best of luck, and a safe, speedy delivery when the time comes.

spara

Back to top Go down

Post by buckysam Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:03 pm

Quork wrote:IDK if calling an irishman british is that wise Twisted Evil
Oops! Shocked My bad! I completely forgot. Silly me! tongue My apologies. Correction made.

buckysam

Back to top Go down

Important news Empty Important News

Post by johnsinden Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:17 pm

Congratulations on the successful move into the provinces of CZ and also on the addition of the latest family Rolling Stock to be delivered in September.  Moves never go according to plan, assuming you have one, but, as has been said by another member, TAKE YOUR TIME, and don't worry about the forum, it will, I'm sure, take care of itself in your temporary absence.  But good news all around, and look after yourselves.

John
johnsinden
johnsinden

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down